FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas Pro 13: H.264 files causing stuttering/lag

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesse Wiatrak
Vegas Pro 13: H.264 files causing stuttering/lag
on Oct 19, 2016 at 1:45:31 am

Ok, so just go ahead and assume I know nothing about this forum or codecs.

I'm using OBS to record gameplay (which I like at a high quality) and I also have multiple audio tracks in my recordings. OBS outputs to a .mp4 file (at 1080p) using the NVENC H.264 video encoder. Some other info from OBS (I don't know if it'll help, and I don't know what half of it means) is that

Rate Control is set to CQP
CQP is set to 23
Keyframe Interval = 0
It is on High Quality.

The .mp4 files also have 3 audio tracks in them (one for my microphone, one for the game's audio, and one for Skype's audio).

When I drag the files onto Vegas Pro, they import fine (for longer duration videos it takes like a minute or two for that green bar at the bottom to go away).

The problem that I encounter (and this is never a problem for other video files) is that there is a weird stuttering issue. If I move the time marker to a different time in the video and press play there is occasionally a delay before the preview starts playing (1-2 seconds). Also that delay seems to always be longer if I press play immediately after I skip to another time point. My Dynamic RAM MB is 200 MB, btw. I don't know how to fix this. Please help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]