FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio "frame drop" when connecting multiple long clips together.....

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Quincy Berry
Audio "frame drop" when connecting multiple long clips together.....
on Oct 18, 2016 at 10:41:47 pm

Hey all..

I am really frustrated at this point. I keep revisiting this issue. I did some research but I don't think I was able to resolve it. same thing happens but not as harsh in Adobe Premiere.

So when I was using my GH3 and now my Canon c100. Same issue. I get the files broken up due to size limitations etc. I try to "stitch" the files (.MTS) together and I always lose a frame or more of data which when I play back the connected files it is very noticeable jump cut. especially the Audio it drops so if the person is in mid word while the file breaks up I lose some frames of the audio. This has been happening for years and I just figured it was the limitation of the camera and accepted it. But I talked to a friend and he said he never has that issue with his cameras. He used a gh3 too. Now using a fs7. Could it be because he isn't using AVHCD like I am? he is all about using pro res and the best quality.

Does anyone know what I am trying to say? again. I read about it is the way I import the files, Not to just drag and drop in. So I tried using import from explorer in vegas pro 13. Still same issue lose audio frame.

I am so frustrated and I do not know if this is how it is or am I doing something wrong?

Return to posts index

Quincy Berry
Re: Audio "frame drop" when connecting multiple long clips together.....
on Oct 18, 2016 at 10:58:38 pm

Here is a sample of the issue. Let's not pay attention the the soft box reflection. this was a quick and dirty set up, and not my choice if it was up to me but we had no other space to use. Anyway please take a look to see what I am talking about.

"OUT THERE"

Return to posts index

Eric Clinch
on Oct 19, 2016 at 12:05:45 am

Did you camera come with any software for downloading files from your camera's card/memory? I know some turn their noses up at the use of such software but it will usually join your split long files seamlessly into one avoiding the audio jump. Alternatively if you search the old Sony Creative Software forums there are posts about using old DOS commands to seamlessly join files.

Return to posts index

Quincy Berry
on Oct 19, 2016 at 12:52:06 am

woah! After reading your reply. I looked around for software to do this and i came across one that was a trial version etc no good for me. So I eventually found "data import utility" it was mentioned on the Canon site. went through some loops had to provide my serial number, but I got the software. It somehow made a bunch of clips to one long clip!!! no audio glitch! holy crap man. thank you... thank you for suggesting to take a look at software that should of came with my camera. wow I am so happy. I will only import from this software from now on! thank you again!

Return to posts index

Quincy Berry
on Oct 19, 2016 at 1:00:13 am

in case someone curious of the result! This is with using the import software!

Return to posts index

Joseph Tessier
on Oct 19, 2016 at 3:41:39 am

Have you used the Vegas software for importing long files? I'm referring to Device Explorer (View/Window/Device Explorer). That is what I've used for stitching and it has worked flawlessly for me.

J. Paul

Win 10 Home Prem x64 VegasPro 13

Return to posts index

Quincy Berry
on Oct 19, 2016 at 12:22:30 pm

Hey,

wow! I just followed those instructions and that worked great! so I can use that method also. Which is built in the software. Thank you for showing how to do it. I read "Device Explorer" but not how to access it, so thanks for the path.
I guess this wraps up this thread. Problem solved. Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]