FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas Pro 14 - audio problem

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Crowe
Vegas Pro 14 - audio problem
on Oct 18, 2016 at 12:28:17 pm

I am working on a small project to test out the new Vegas Pro 14. It is a short 3 minute project with 3 tracks of audio and a single video track. The audio tracks consist of a voice-over track, a music track and a sound effects track. On the sound effects track I have 3 short effects (roughly 5 sec each) at the beginning of the project. The first time that I playback the project after loading it, everything plays as it should. However, when I try to play it back a second time, the sound cuts out on each of the 3 short sound effects part of the way through. First sound effect cuts out part of the way through, the second one starts to play and then it cuts out part of the way through and then the third starts to play and then it also cuts out part of the way through. There are longer sound effects on the same track later on in the project and they play fine. The other 2 audio tracks also play fine every time. It appears that only small files are causing a problem.

I am disappointed so far in Magix support. I contacted them and was advised to delete the sfk files which I did. That didn't help. I replied back saying that didn't help and that was the last that I heard from them. I attempted to contact them again after several days but again nothing. Hopefully this is not a sign of the support we can expect from this company.

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
Re: Vegas Pro 14 - audio problem
on Oct 18, 2016 at 3:57:24 pm

It sounds like your sound effects media is the problem. What have you done to isolate the media and make sure it is not the media? For example, will this media play in V13 without issue?

Return to posts index

David Crowe
on Oct 18, 2016 at 4:22:49 pm

Yes, they all play fine in Vegas Pro 13 plus the fact that they play fine on the first try after loading the project into Vegas Pro 14 led me to believe that it is not the sound effect files. I've tried re-loading them into the project but had the same results. The only thing that I haven't tried is creating a new project and seeing if that changes anything. I guess that'll be my next step.

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Oct 18, 2016 at 8:11:54 pm

I'm running the Trial version of V14 with no audio problems yet.

Return to posts index

Mark Barton
on Oct 18, 2016 at 8:26:34 pm

Did you check your Audio Device settings under VP14 options to compare with how it is setup in VP13. Not sure if you are using ASIO drivers, but perhaps VP14 did not carry over your audio settings. I tried the following and did not experience any problem with VP14.

#1 Dragged a video clip with audio (1080p mp4 created via Mercali v4 stabilization) - it was the first thing I found
#2 Added a song file from my itunes folder to a second audio track.
#3 Added three random sound effects wav files to a third audio track setting duration to 5s each and putting them back to back at the beginning of the timeline.

#4 I saved the project and was able to play it three times in a row with no problems.
My Audio Device is configured for "Microsoft Sound Mapper".

Return to posts index

David Crowe
on Oct 19, 2016 at 11:59:15 am

I have had it play several times in a row as well, making me think that I found the problem, then it will happen again. Once it happens then the only way to correct it is to shut down the project or the whole program and restart it.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Oct 19, 2016 at 1:18:13 am

Then make sure your audio settings an audio device settings in Vegas 13 are the exact same for Vegas 14...

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

David Crowe
on Oct 19, 2016 at 12:24:54 pm

I did check and both were the same except that Vegas 13 was set to use Windows Classic Wave driver while Vegas 14 was set to use Microsoft Sound Mapper. However changing Vegas 14 to use Windows classic wave driver didn't fix the problem.

One thing that I have noticed is that I can can sometimes play just the sound effects clips over and over again without volume cutting out but if I play the last 20 or 30 seconds of the project then go back to the beginning and play the sound effects clips then the volume almost always cuts out. When I first started trying to track this down it seemed that every time that I played the sound effects clips it would cut out, now it is appearing to be more intermittent.

Return to posts index

David Crowe
on Oct 20, 2016 at 8:25:37 pm

Here is an even stranger thing. When the sound effect files are cutting out, if I browse to the file in the explorer tab and then select play preview, the sound also cuts out when playing the file in the explorer window.

Return to posts index

Scott Francis
on Oct 20, 2016 at 10:21:26 pm

Couple items to maybe check, I have had audio issues at times too.

1) Make sure Microsoft Sound Mapper is your audio device (NONE of my pro-level sound devices (Presonus, Behringer, Digidesign, Zoom or other have EVER worked in Vegas).
2) If you have sound FX on the events or tracks, make sure they are stereo. If I use a mono FX it gives me problems.
3) If you have something other than a .wav file or unmatching bit rates or sample rate try to match them. I sometimes have had to render a sound clip out to a .wav file and it has fixed some audio glitches (I just highlight the section, and render out to 24bit 48k (or your project settings) and replace the original sound file in the project files).
4) I do sometimes have to "reset" my audio device, just select something other than #1 above and the reselect Microsoft Sound Mapper and that resolves some issues.
5) In reference to #3, sometimes lower quality MP3 or lower sample rates have given me issues.

Hope something here may help!

Xavier (Scott) Francis
Mind's Eye Audio/Video Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]