FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mystery audio compression

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oscar Lopez
Mystery audio compression
on Oct 17, 2016 at 6:47:51 pm

Ok, this is making my head ache... There is an active audio compressor somewhere at master bus level, but for the life of me i can't find it anywhere. There's no fx at all on the busses, and just in case i also deactivated the compressor in the individual tracks, however the compression is still very much active and kicking in whenever one of the tracks has sounds at particular frequencies which trigger the compressor thus nearly muting the sound from the other channels.

I've been using workarounds up to now, but i got to the point that i've had enough. Searching around there does not seem that other people has the same problem. Anyone has any idea of what or where it could be?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
Re: Mystery audio compression
on Oct 30, 2016 at 3:20:40 pm

Have you looked at the Master out channel effects? (see picture) If there's no effects there or on any busses you've created, try muting one audio channel at a time and see if you can find it that way. All audio tracks in Vegas have a noise gate, EQ and compressor by default but their settings are set to not effect the audio until you adjust them. You can also remove these from the audio tracks in case Vegas is experiencing a bug by not disabling. This only happens one this Sony Vegas project, right?

Danny Hays
Samples of my Work can be seen here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/ErnestDaniels/videos?view_as=public

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]