FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trying to edit timeline causes Vegas to stop responding

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Auran Kight
Trying to edit timeline causes Vegas to stop responding
on Oct 17, 2016 at 1:19:57 am

Hello,

A while back, I made a topic here about how rendering took my cpu up to 99%, and after a few responses, we were able to figure out that my processor itself was the problem. However, recently even trying to edit the timeline would cause vegas to stop responding for a few minutes, before letting me make changes to the timeline again. After making more changes however, even something as simple as splitting and deleting a clip or even just playing the preview, it would freeze again. It has made editing almost unbearable for me. I used to have an Intel Pentium G3240 processor, but was meant to be an i5-4460 (amazon sent me the wrong one) I got a replacement and installed it just a few days ago, thinking it would fix my issue, but alas, it has not. Every youtube tutorial about the matter has not helped me whatsoever, turning GPU acceleration processing on or off has done nothing, decreasing or increasing the amount of dynamic RAM processing threads has done nothing, turning multi-core playback off has done nothing, even downsizing the preview window and switching it to the lowest picture quality possible has done nothing. At this point I'm out of ideas, and would really appreciate the help if anyone is knowledgeable enough about my problem. Thanks for reading.

Return to posts index

Auran Kight
Re: Trying to edit timeline causes Vegas to stop responding
on Oct 17, 2016 at 2:37:44 am

In fact, it's now crashing as soon as I do so much as drag a video onto the timeline. It stops responding whatsoever. I am on Windows 10, by the way.

Return to posts index

Auran Kight
on Nov 4, 2016 at 10:13:12 pm

bump

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Nov 4, 2016 at 11:25:56 pm

WIsh we could help here but we would need more to go on .. It should be obvious that 99.9% of us can edit on the timeline without Vegas crashing. Therefore, the problem you are having is not Vegas. A few simple facts might help discover what is the problem.

1. Does this happen with all Vegas projects or just with a specific project?
2. If you start a brand new project that uses Generated Media only can you edit that?
3. If every kind of project is failing, did you uninstall and reinstall Vegas?
4. How old is your computer? What are the specs?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]