FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas Pro 14 not responding

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jennifer DeRita
Vegas Pro 14 not responding
on Oct 13, 2016 at 4:33:38 pm

I recently purchased Sony Vegas Pro 14 for my 13-year-old son. He has a newer-one year old gaming laptop -Lenovo Gforce GTX, core i7 processor, with a NVIDIA graphics card. We are beyond frustrated with the program. It is basically unusable. We installed it with the download about 10 days ago. When you open the program and try to maximize it -it will freeze and says "not responding". If you wait about 30 seconds it eventually goes. When you drop video into the timeline and try to do any editing--again it it will lock up and says not responding and just spins. The video is extremely laggy and nonresponsive in the viewing box. It sits idle for about a minute and then will randomly play. If you move the cursor on the timeline it does not catch up and play in the display. If my son tries to open pan/crop -the entire program will freeze and crash and again no as video appears in the display. I tried opening tickets with both Sony and magix with no responses. It is so frustrating he is unable to use the program at all. I am wishing now I would've just purchased Sony Vegas 13 because although we are somewhat tech savvy I don't understand with all these issues Vegas 14 is having and we are unable to do any troubleshooting on our own. We have looked into everything over the past 10 days and we are stumped! And extremely frustrated. ?. Can anyone help us?

Return to posts index

László Kovács
Re: Vegas Pro 14 not responding
on Oct 13, 2016 at 6:47:34 pm

Hi,
When do you use Vegas on that laptop, is the power plugged in?
Notebooks tend to reduce clock speed everywhere when running on battery.
When it is not responding what activity do you see on the machine?
(CPU/GPU/Disk)

On my Lenovo z51-70 with i5-5200u CPU and AMD r9-m375 Vegas 14 runs just smooth.
It does not come near to my desktop in performance, but it's usable for some simple on-the-field edits.

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

Francois Blawat
Re: Vegas Pro 14 not responding
on Oct 13, 2016 at 7:18:44 pm

Jennifer,

The other option is to uninstall the software using a free program called Geek Uninstaller (If you do not have the paid for Uninstall Tool program). This program will help remove all Vegas 14 files.

After you reboot, it is always advisable to disable or turn off any Anti-Virus also any other program running in real-time similar to Spybot SD Resident program. Basically anything non-essential should not be running so when you re-install Vegas 14 nothing should interfere with the installation process.

The other item to perform is to make sure your Video Drivers are updated to the latest version. If the computer system is used a lot (saving, editing) I would also recommend that you perform a complete Defrag Before you reinstall Vegas 14.

I know a lot of these are basic things, but just thought I would bring it up since they do help in a lot of situations.

Good Luck.

- - - - -
FixitMad

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]