FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Rendering - Pixelation

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Potter
on Oct 12, 2016 at 11:04:53 pm

I've looked at many videos on Youtube regarding the "pixelation" issue I'm having after rendering. Trying to help my 12 year old post gaming videos. The raw videos are nice and smooth 60p. I've tried Mainconcept, constant and varible. Sony AVC, no luck. Bypass motion blur, disable resample.......run out of things to try.

All my render settings match the video properties. Pulling my hair out!!!
Comments and solutions would be appreciated.

Rick

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: Sony Rendering - Pixelation
on Oct 13, 2016 at 2:55:00 am

Pulling my hair out!!!

Don't do that! But, you do need to provide more information about your source footage, project settings, and render settings--screen shots are preferable. Also, you need to provide information on exactly what you mean by "pixelation". A sample YT video would be helpful. Granted, there are better encoders available than either Mainconept or Sony AVC, but there is no reason why these in-built encoders should not be OK. There is something in your workflow that is most likely the problem, but first you need to tell us precisely what it is.

wwaag

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Oct 13, 2016 at 3:45:42 am

Hi,
Without knowing the details, just the fact that it's another gaming video targeting highest quality, I bet it is about using the deblocking filter in combination with an insane high bitrate ?
I don't have that many hair left, so I better don't pull :)))

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Oct 13, 2016 at 10:29:59 am

Don't bother pulling your hair out, that's game captured footage that has always been an issue
and has been extensively addressed here sooo many times.... (with not much solution i may add).

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Rick Potter
on Oct 13, 2016 at 5:14:09 pm

Correct you are. It is indeed a problem that has been researched by many others. I see that now.

For what its worth here are the recommended Google/Youtube upload/render settings.
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en

Comments appreciated.
Rick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]