FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas Video Card?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mikhail Tenyakov
Sony Vegas Video Card?
on Oct 10, 2016 at 9:16:29 am

Hi all,

I'm not a pro but it is my hobby to do some video editing and minor effects using Sony Vegas Pro 13.
I have a GTX 570 Video Card and an i5 2500k CPU and 16GB of RAM.
If I'm understanding correctly my video card is hindering the Sony Vegas performance so I was thinking of upgrading.

Can i get some recommendations as to what is better course of action for me.

I was looking into GTX 1060 but from research and limited answers seems like new GTX cards do not work with Sony Vegas.
I'm still fairly new to understanding what and how Sony Vegas works or requires. For example I've heard that GTX new cards do work with Sony Vegas but its the MainConcept it doenst work with. So I do not really understand what that means. When i render my videos I do it to upload to youtube.

So, ok I thought since GTX cards do not work I would look into AMD and so i came across MSI R9 390X.

What do you guys think? What would you recommend, or are there other cards. I do like to open a video game or two once in a while so I want my video card to be able to handle Rendering and some gaming too.

Thank you all.

Return to posts index

László Kovács
Re: Sony Vegas Video Card?
on Oct 11, 2016 at 9:48:49 am

Hi Mikhail,

Read this st, but also the whole topic is interesting for you:
https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/24/988692#989178

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

Mikhail Tenyakov
on Oct 12, 2016 at 7:54:13 am

Thank you for the link, i found it very useful. But, could I get more of a straight answer as that link is a little dated. With Vegas 14 now out, what would you recommend me to do about my current computer
I got i5 2500k cpu
gtx 570 video card
16gb ram

I've heard that MAGIX took out the CUDA support completely. Does that mean there is no more GPU acceleration?
Should I upgrade my CPU or Video Card? What are your thoughts? Thank you

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
on Oct 12, 2016 at 11:48:01 am

There is no simple answer to your question. We do not know what footage you are working with !

For mp4/h.264 footage you need fast cpu
For intermediate formats you need fast drives - SSD / Raid
Sony recommends 8-core cpu for 4K

Nvidia cards supports OpenCL. The OpenCL on AMD cards are just better and gives better playback in Sony Vegas Pro.

Yes, you can put in a new pci-3 card for your pci-2 computer - but you will only get the pci-2 speed of your motherboard.

In 2011, I built a new computer for Sony Vegas pro 10 !
i7-2600K cpu
ASUS P8Z68-V PRO, Socket-1155
MSI GeForce GTX 560Ti 384 Cuda core (Fermi Architecture)
32GB ram
SSD drive

I then put in a Asus Geforce GTX 660Ti 2gb, 1344 Cuda Core (Kepler Architecture) ! Only to find out that Sony Vegas pro does not support Kepler Arhitecture for render ! Then I change for AMD Sapphire Radeon TRI-X R9 290 4GB - for better playback on the timeline in Sony Vegas Pro !

I have now changed everything for 4k ! Panasonic GH4, GoPro Hero 4, Dji Mavic Pro - and build a new computer.
i7-5960x 8-core cpu
Asus X99 Deluxe II
2. AMD Sapphire NITRO R9 390X 8 GB GDDR5 - for Davinci Resolve 12.5 Studio
64 GB ram
4. Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD and 3 hard drives 7200/10.000 rpm
EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PSU
Cooler Master Nepton 240M 240mm Radiator
BlackMagic Intensity Pro 4K
32" Dell 4K monitor
27" Dell 4K monitor

Did not realize that the 2. AMD Sapphire NITRO R9 390X, would cover the pci ports -
then I mounted a port cable for the Intensity Pro 4K card to work !

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]