FORUMS: list search recent posts

maximize volume on all audio clips.

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Johnny Laty
maximize volume on all audio clips.
on Oct 6, 2016 at 11:07:29 pm

seems ridiculous to have to higher the volume for every single audio clip one by one.

there must be a way to do them all automatically.

and i can't just select all of them and higher them that way because the volume for every clip is at different levels.

Return to posts index

László Kovács
Re: maximize volume on all audio clips.
on Oct 7, 2016 at 7:24:58 am

Hi,

In the first step I would normailze those events.
You can select the audio events (as many you want), then right click one of the selected.
Then select from the upcoming menu "switches / normalize".

Another technique I used to use is collect these audio events into a track and apply "track compressor" to that track.
The settings of compressor is is dependent of the contents, but I always select "smooth saturation" option, attack time between 0 and 10 ms, release between 250..500 ms.
"Threshold" and "amount" depends highly on the content, typically between -15..-26dB, and 4 to 12 respectively.
The lower the threshold is, the sooner the amplification steps in. The higher the amount is, the higher the maximum amplification is done.

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

Johnny Laty
on Oct 7, 2016 at 4:42:30 pm

What i mean is the gain. i pulled the gain down on a lot of the clips and now i want them all all the way up.

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Oct 7, 2016 at 5:15:59 pm

Oh, I see.
If they are pulled down equally, just select them, and pull back on one, the other selected will follow.
If they are diffrent, So for example -6dB on "A" -3dB on "B" and 0 dB "C", then if you select all, just can't pull up more.
May be there are other technique, but I'm addicted to Vegasaur Qucik properties.
If you don't have it yet, download and install.
Select all your audio events you want to reset the gain for, and open Vegasaur menu, then "Editing" menu, and from there choose "Quick properties"!
Go to the "Events" tab, check "Gain" and set it to 0dB. Then hit "Apply" and you are done ?

If you don't have Vegasaur, you can download it from vegasaur.com. It works for 30 days as trial, then you have to buy it.
(It well worth the price ;))

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

Johnny Laty
on Oct 7, 2016 at 5:25:11 pm

thanks.

it's retarded for vegas not to have that option built in though.

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Oct 7, 2016 at 5:31:11 pm

Agreed...
But it has a scripting engine which makes things doable, otherwise impossible.
And this is uniqe, I'm not aware of any other NLE having this flexible feature ;)

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]