Using script to add keyframes?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frankie Jones
Using script to add keyframes?
on Oct 3, 2016 at 3:44:49 pm
Last Edited By Frankie Jones on Oct 3, 2016 at 3:46:03 pm

Hi,
Is it possible to use a script to add a keyframe to Titles and Text > Location > New Keyframe:

I know moving the location box generates one.
I also know clicking the new keyframe button will place one at the cursor position but this becomes very time consuming when doing multiple times.
I want to be able to do this with a keyboard shortcut though, and it seems Vegas doesn't let me bind one in options to this so figured binding a Script to new keyframe was the best way forwards?
(apologies but I don't need to know whether people feel this is necessary, just how to do it the best way as it will save me personally a lot of time!)

I have no idea how to do this script, so any examples / basic help would be appreciated

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Using script to add keyframes?
on Oct 3, 2016 at 5:12:59 pm

I've never heard of any Script that is capable of getting into a Vegas Control. It could be a restriction of the SDK toolset.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Vladimir Zhe
on Oct 3, 2016 at 5:17:10 pm

While the script is still on the way, why not try this: with "Generated media" window for your text open and "animate" enabled for "position" (it is done so, anyway, if you are keyframing your text) - just click on the "position" to make the control box active, then press "up arrow">"down arrow" (or left-right arrow) keys. This will move the text and then return it precisely to its original point, but the keyframe will be created. This method is basically only one mouseclick away from what you are looking to achieve with the script: you will have to click between cursor on your timeline and activating the "position" box in you text control window. Such approach saves a lot of annoyance for me.

Vegas 11 x64, i7 & 6Gb RAM, Nvidia GeForce GT 330M (CUDA) - No crashes!

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Oct 3, 2016 at 5:25:24 pm

[Vladimir Zhe] "While the script is still on the way,"
Are you implying that there are tools to create such a script?

* Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Vladimir Zhe
on Oct 3, 2016 at 7:45:03 pm

[Graham Bernard] "[Vladimir Zhe] "While the script is still on the way," Are you implying that there are tools to create such a script?

* Grazie"

No. I agree with you, Graham, it may not be possible to script it out. I was just trying to share a technique which I use. Keyframing interface in Vegas is rather outdated - even though its potential capabilities are outstanding.

Vegas 11 x64, i7 & 6Gb RAM, Nvidia GeForce GT 330M (CUDA) - No crashes!

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Oct 3, 2016 at 8:00:58 pm

[Graham Bernard] "Are you implying that there are tools to create such a script?
"

Vegasaur text generator can create keyframed text, so there must be at least one way to do it ;)

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Oct 3, 2016 at 8:08:23 pm

[László Kovács] "Vegasaur text generator can create keyframed text"
Is this within a Vegas Generated Media?

* Grazie

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Oct 4, 2016 at 10:57:06 am

Yes ?
Let's say, I want a counter, Vegasaur gives the option to choose single event, or multiple events.
If I choose single event, there will be a lot of keyframes in that single event :)

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

Frankie Jones
on Oct 3, 2016 at 7:00:26 pm

Ah wasn't down and up was num 8 and num 2, the arrows scroll the timeline for me! Excellent answer thanks Vladimir!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]