FORUMS: list search recent posts

Platinum 13 - Avid DNxHD

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Darcy Senft
Platinum 13 - Avid DNxHD
on Oct 2, 2016 at 5:59:42 pm

I have an Atomos Ninja2 that can record in Avid DNxHD. When I try to import these files in Platinum Studio 13, I get the error "the number of channels is not supported." Yet I can open these files fine with Quicktime. I have installed the Avid LE CODEC 2.7.3, still doesn't work.

Return to posts index

George Dean
Re: Platinum 13 - Avid DNxHD
on Oct 2, 2016 at 7:27:36 pm

Hi Darcy,

I use an Atomos Samurai recording DNxHD 220x and can use those files in Sony Movie Studio 13 Platinum. I have the same Avid codec installed LE 2.7.3.

I think you problem may be, having too many audio channels. My camera doesn't feed audio via the SDI, so I connect my audio through the 2-channel stereo option. If you are recording the same way, Movie Studio should allow the DNxHD files. However, your error code implies there are too many audio channels for Movie Studio to handle.

I would perform a quick test sample video recording on the Ninja with just stereo audio. If that is working, you could run your videos through a converter problem to reduce the multi-channel audio to stereo. If you need all the multi-channels, I don't think Movie Studio is capable of processing anything greater than stereo (2 channel). If that is the case you might want to consider that Vegas Pro should handle the additional channel audio (I would check that out before upgrading, because I'm not sure).

Hope this helps.....

Best Regards......George

Return to posts index

Darcy Senft
on Oct 2, 2016 at 9:25:11 pm

Thank you... that was it! The Ninja2 was recording both camera and line-in audio. So 4-channels. I've only had this setup for a couple of weeks, generally I record line-in only but in testing i switched to the camera mic...i didn't realize you could record both sources.

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Oct 3, 2016 at 2:42:33 pm

Hi Darcy,

Glad that helped and you are up and running.

Best Regards......George

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]