FORUMS: list search recent posts

Magix Vegas 14 Installer hangs at 99% download

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Newton
Magix Vegas 14 Installer hangs at 99% download
on Sep 29, 2016 at 2:32:13 pm

I've had no luck at all so far with Magix. I've been using the most current versions of Vegas Pro for over a decade. I purchased the Magix upgrade to 14 over a week ago and I have not been able to install it. I've tried it on two Win764 work stations that are up to date countless times. My open support ticket with Magix has yet to be acknowledged at all for a week now (I was told I'd have contact in 24hrs). In the mean time I've called twice several days apart. I've had to call the sales line as I can't find a support phone number for them anywhere. Each time they see that I have an unanswered, open ticket. They appologize profusely, tell me they've never seen a ticket go unanswered before, upgrade my ticket to "urgent", & assure me that I'll have some sort of contact by the next day. But, this last time I asked them to please send me a boxed copy, even offered to pay for it. We'll see if it shows up.

Anyway, sorry to vent but I've had issues here & there over the years & Sony always handled it very efficiently. I really hope this isn't the slow death of vegas.

Has anyone here heard of the installation issue I'm having? The machines I'm using are 100% up to date with all admin rights. I've tried unselecting DVD Architect & the plugins. Vegas downloads to 99% and stops. I can click the continue button & it starts over & downloads to 99% again. I found the directory in my documents where the install files are downloaded and tried to run the .exe file from there and it says the file is damaged or incomplete. If I use this process to download the Newblue plugins independently, they will download & install just fine.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Return to posts index

László Kovács
Re: Magix Vegas 14 Installer hangs at 99% download
on Sep 30, 2016 at 6:00:07 am

Hi,

looks like the download is really icomplete. Is there a proxy between your machine and Magix server by any chance?

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Sep 30, 2016 at 3:09:16 pm

The Vegas 14 download is not completed, that is why you have installation issues.
I can't say what, but something is interfering with your Vegas download.
Use another computer to download it, then drop it on your desktop and install it from their.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Ryan Newton
on Sep 30, 2016 at 3:48:22 pm

Thanks guys, Your responses were what I needed to figure this one out. It is an issue with my network in my office. I took my laptop offline & connect to my verizon hot spot. I was then able to download & install. Then, as Steve said I was able to copy that file to the other box still on the network & install there too. Thanks again for your help.

I'm still a little concerned with Magix support going forward though... If I ever hear from them I'll make sure to post their response.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Sep 30, 2016 at 4:24:08 pm

Bingo!
Glad you got that sorted out Ryan....

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index