FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas 14 issue

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
salim samou
Vegas 14 issue
on Sep 27, 2016 at 4:57:26 pm

Just downloaded trial version , one main issue for me is a 2-3 seconds lag between hitting play button and the clip actually starting to play, never had this issue on other vegas programs. anyone had this? (tried different types of movie files ,from different files ) the system im testing it on is older 920 i7 with gtx 1060 lots of ram (32 gb)..also c an someone please explain to me what does prores support does in vegas 14? as in 13 I was able to edit pro res clips from ursa mini , not sure what additions 14 has regarding prores

Return to posts index

Angelo Mike
Re: Vegas 14 issue
on Sep 27, 2016 at 5:21:23 pm

I haven't had latency this bad yet, but I posted another thread about how the audio is horribly out of sync when I playback video and the preview quality is a little high. It's weird because in previous versions of Vegas though playback would be choppy at higher quality preview settings, the audio never drifted out of sync. The problem fixes itself if you stop and playback from around the same spot once or twice (or just reduced the quality), but it's a weird feature.

Return to posts index

Steve Kauzlarich
on Sep 27, 2016 at 5:41:46 pm

Yes - I have lag at times as well. It's almost as if the drive were sleeping and needed time to spin up. Certainly long enough to press the space bar more than once. I haven't had this happen in V-12.

Steve Kauzlarich

Return to posts index

salim samou
on Sep 27, 2016 at 5:57:30 pm

Ok, so Im not the only one, this is a big bug for me, and it will slow down my editing process if not resolved, hope its a setting thing

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Sep 27, 2016 at 6:48:14 pm

Hi salim,

In Vegas Pro 13 I need 32-bit QuickTime installed to add/import ProRes 422 HQ files. Other than the 10/8 bit downgrade, some limitation on how many ProRes will edit before VP13 crashes, I can process these files as well.

The Vegas Pro 14 (trial) I have tested does not need QuickTime installed to add/import ProRes 422 HQ files. DNxHD requires 32-bit QuickTime in v14 as it does in V13. V14 will not render ProRes, nor will v14. Both v13 and V14 will render DNxHD.mov if 32-bit QuickTime is installed.

BTW: I have not experienced any lag in playback with ProRes 422HQ, DNxHD 220x, CineForm FilmScan 1, or mp4.mov files.

Best Regards......George

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Sep 27, 2016 at 7:09:06 pm

Lag time for me in VP14 is less than 1 second. Maybe half or quarter of a second. Same in VP13. I'm running a i7-3930 6 core CPU and using a USB 3.0 external drive source for my footage and with Vegas running on my SSD main drive.

Naturally, if the external drive goes to sleep .. it does take time to wake it up -- but once awake, we are off to the races.

Lots of factors here, I'd say including the type of files, effects, preview window, graphic card, dynamic ram -- etc etc. I'm not sure which things matter in this type of lag. I just know I"m not seeing it in VP14.

Return to posts index

salim samou
on Sep 27, 2016 at 9:49:08 pm

Thanks for feedback guys, I guess what im trying say , i never had this issue on the same system with same video files on vegas pro 12 and 13 , only on 14 , the same system ..this lag is killing things for me, just slows down editing ..

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Sep 27, 2016 at 10:40:07 pm

Hi Salim,

These comparisons are often frustrating. Because I'm not experiencing the same issue and cannot duplicate I haven't a solution. The only thing I can suggest is to double check that both the v13 and v14 are in fact setup identical so you are assured you are comparing apples-to-apples, which would include the project properties, preview quality, etc. You may also want to run a comparison test by turning of your GPU in both programs and compare the playback, as a mean to possibly isolate what is causing the lag.

Best Regards......George

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Sep 27, 2016 at 11:40:49 pm

Two to three seconds of lag is fairly noticeable. I think we'd have many folks complaining. I see no difference between VP12, 13 or 14. All start playing almost instantly. Something must be up in the settings or your drive. I believe you and at at least one other are seeing the problem, but I'm doubting it is a problem for everyone.

If you're not seeing the problem on V12 or 13 then something has changed somewhere.

Does this happen on all your drives and all your raw footage?

Return to posts index

salim samou
on Sep 28, 2016 at 4:57:04 pm

Basically the same computer same, the same video clips (different ones, from ursa mini pro res to gh1 to fs700 files) from the same drive, on Vegas pro 13 as soon as i hit space bar or play the time line plays, on 14 i hit space bar or play it takes close to 2 seconds to play, One thing I did notice that, it seems to play smoother with heavy duty plugins that were giving me issues and low fps playback , not its almost 2-3x the fps playback

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Sep 28, 2016 at 5:09:01 pm

Salim,

Have you had the time to try the GPU test I suggested? Turn off 'GPU acceleration of video processing' in Options > Preferences > Video, in both v13 and v14 (requires a restart of the program). This of course should show a difference in the playback, but the test is to see if you still experience a difference in delay to start the playback.

If there is no delay with GPU off, that may indicate that v14 is handling your specific GPU differently than v13. This would be helpful when you submit a trouble report to Magix. Again, this isn't a solution, just perhaps it will narrow down what may be causing the delay.

Best Regards.....George

Return to posts index

salim samou
on Sep 28, 2016 at 5:49:45 pm

My bad George, I will check that today,and will report back, thank you

Return to posts index

Angelo Mike
on Sep 28, 2016 at 5:56:25 pm

Ok - NOW I'm getting more latency issues (or more likely, I'm just noticing them more), including audio sounding out of sync due to latency (not actually being out of sync). Even when the preview quality is set very low.

Return to posts index

salim samou
on Sep 28, 2016 at 10:07:13 pm

George, unfortunately disabling the GPU acceleration did not help , Im getting an avg of 2 seconds of latency before playback on timeline. The same files ,same pc,. just different versions. never had this issue before with vegas pro

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Sep 28, 2016 at 10:53:52 pm

Salim, that would imply that the GPU card is not the issue. I haven't expereinced the delay and have not read that it is a widely spread problem, which can make it even more frustrating. I wish I had something else. Hopefully someone will jump in with a better suggestion.

Best Regards.....George

Return to posts index

salim samou
on Sep 28, 2016 at 11:54:26 pm

Thanks George I appreciate it

Return to posts index

Steve Kauzlarich
on Sep 29, 2016 at 12:43:39 am

What type of files are you using? I'm having issues with m2t files in V14, but not in 12 or 13.

Steve Kauzlarich

Return to posts index

salim samou
on Sep 29, 2016 at 2:23:58 am

Steve. anything from older panasonic gh1 files, to sony fs700 files (usually very smooth) to , new prores ursa 4.6k 422 files, all give me this issue, i have a feeling its an audio issue , not a video file issue, one thing i didnt mention is that im an audio guy also so i have an audio interface UR44 , let me check on things...as im noticing audio is getting cut off and wont play anymore after video starts (audio will play for like 1-2 seconds)

Return to posts index

salim samou
on Sep 29, 2016 at 3:26:17 pm

Now I think vegas 14 is not liking my ur44 audio interface for some reason, where 13 didnt have an issue with it.. as soon as i go to audio tab (which was set to windows default sound) and switch to interface audio would not work nor video ... not sure whats going on .. if i return to windows default sound we go back to having the problem of delayed playback and siund playing for few seconds and stopping..thats with pro res 422 file, mts,mp4 files...the only file that plays without delay and sound play normal is MOV .

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]