FORUMS: list search recent posts

Weird Vegas 14 glitch I noticed - audio drifts out of sync but only when jumping around on clips

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Angelo Mike
Weird Vegas 14 glitch I noticed - audio drifts out of sync but only when jumping around on clips
on Sep 27, 2016 at 12:38:45 am

I have a roughly 14 minute video shot on my Canon Powershot G7X along with a few other clips I put on my timeline from the same camera. The video and project settings match. When I jump forward in each clip on the timeline the audio is badly out of sync by at least half a second. However, when I stop and play at that moment again, the audio is in sync.

Nothing visibly changes on the timeline as far as the audio waveform, which is comes out of the camera and into the project attached to the video, anyways. I was just testing it out and realized that even though the audio isn't truly out of sync, it appears that way unless you stop playback and then playback again from the same area of the clip.

I'll report this to Magix. But has anyone else noticed this?

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: Weird Vegas 14 glitch I noticed - audio drifts out of sync but only when jumping around on clips
on Sep 27, 2016 at 3:04:08 am

I think i have encountered this issue a few times too Angelo, but in Vegas Pro 13, but doesn't bother me one
bit, because it doesn't render out that way. Seems its some sort of audio latency playback due to which
audio device being used or maybe its settings.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Angelo Mike
Re: Weird Vegas 14 glitch I noticed - audio drifts out of sync but only when jumping around on clips
on Sep 27, 2016 at 4:34:53 am

[Steve Rhoden] "I think i have encountered this issue a few times too Angelo, but in Vegas Pro 13, but doesn't bother me one
bit, because it doesn't render out that way. Seems its some sort of audio latency playback due to which
audio device being used or maybe its settings."

Yeah, it seems to happen when the preview quality is higher, creating more latency. It's just weird how perfectly off it is. It's much less/non-existent when preview quality is lower.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]