FORUMS: list search recent posts

ProDad Mercalli invalid keycode with Magix V14

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Norton
ProDad Mercalli invalid keycode with Magix V14
on Sep 25, 2016 at 11:48:05 am

I am getting an invalid keycode on my PC when I enter either of the 2 ProDad Mercalli plugin serial numbers supplied with my Magix V14 upgrade, purchased last summer. No problem with laptop, i've unlocked with the same 2 serial numbers. Is it possible that the serials numbers are only valid for one machine?

Could also be because I had to re-install V14 on PC a second time? I think but am not sure that I had already unlocked Mercalli on 1st install on PC.

If thats the case their server may see it as a 3rd. activation of Mercalli?

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: ProDad Mercalli invalid keycode with Magix V14
on Sep 25, 2016 at 12:18:04 pm

"Is it possible that the serials numbers are only valid for one machine?"
That could quite possibly be the case, Magix user polices are different from Sony's.
I am still not clear on all of them.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

John Norton
on Sep 25, 2016 at 12:28:04 pm

That may well be the case, I am still not sure if I unlocked Mercalli on both laptop and desktop, prior to re-installing v14 a second time. Problem appeared after reinstalling v14. So could be Mercalli saw it as 3rd go. I sent similar query to Mercalli, they also have a phone number, if i'm desperate!

I had a look on Prodad site, like you, I just don't know what their policy on number of installs/activations is. Its a great program/plugin for sure. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Sep 25, 2016 at 1:41:56 pm

Well lets hope its not what we think and you'll have it sorted out soon....

Film Maker & VFX Artist.

Return to posts index

John Norton
on Sep 25, 2016 at 8:48:29 pm

Hi Steve, problem disappeared about an hour later when I rebooted PC. My laptop was down all day, windows update, freeze, so I could only check now in case the problem was caused by blocking, i.e. with Laptop and PC visible on internet. Anyway that isn't the case, so just one of those things.

I read a clarification elswhere that with Magix MVP14 you can have it installed on Laptop and PC, once only one is running at any one time. It doesn't check in regularly after initial installation check ... my summary. Similar, no worse, than Sony's previous system.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Sep 26, 2016 at 6:07:29 am

Ok, glad to hear...

Film Maker & VFX Artist.

Return to posts index

David Shirey
on Sep 26, 2016 at 4:51:01 pm

[John Norton] "My laptop was down all day, windows update, freeze"

That update freeze is getting pretty annoying, and the workarounds are about as inconvenient as the problem itself. I believe October is when MS is switching to monthly cumulative updates, so we'll no longer be allowed to decide which updates we can and can't install, it's all or nothing. Hopefully they at least fix the update problem with this though.

Return to posts index

John Norton
on Sep 26, 2016 at 5:38:48 pm

Actually, I had forgotten that since installing the Win 10 upgrade my HP dv7 laptop only occasionally comes back from "restart". So I was waiting all day unnecessarily. There were several restarts with this large update.

With win 7 this didn't happen, probably the dv7 is a little old for win 10. My main reason for putting on win 10 on the PC and laptop was that, going forward, most issues with Magix will probably refer to win 10 installed base.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]