FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas 13 Render Problem After Windows 10 Update

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jarrod Nichol
Vegas 13 Render Problem After Windows 10 Update
on Sep 24, 2016 at 9:30:08 pm

Hi all,

Yesterday I made a video to my YouTube channel that it was 1.5 hours long and it took about 2.5 hours to render. This is normal for my machine and custom settings I use. I render my videos at 1080p 60fps. The problem is this morning Windows 10 had a huge update that not only changed the appearance of the OS in some areas, but it directly affected some of my programs. SoftEther, which I use to access Japanese exclusive MMORPGs for example had to be reinstalled in order to work. I then recorded a 50 minute video and wouldn't you know it, but Vegas 13 appears to be screwy as well.

When I attempted to render the 50 minute video using the custom settings I always use, the render time jumped to an incredible 8.5 hours using the CPU only. One thing to note here is that the settings are 100% the same as they were only 7 hours earlier when I rendered the 2.5 hour video. I am at a total loss here. The only difference I have seen with the program, and I can't even confirm it is a difference is that in the GPU Acceleration option, I do not see the GTX680 card any longer. You may tell me it wasn't there to begin with, but it seems to be the only logical explanation of why the render time would jump up so high. If that wouldn't help, then could some of the core files of Vegas have become corrupted in the update?

Do you think a reinstall of Vegas 13 might do the trick or is there something else I might try first? I have the upgrade to Vegas 14 coming arriving in a few days, but I would really appreciate some assistance ASAP as I'm a content creator and having the program suddenly take 4 times longer to render videos is destroying my time.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: Vegas 13 Render Problem After Windows 10 Update
on Sep 25, 2016 at 11:44:34 am

A reinstall of Vegas probably wont help, the problem is with that recent update.
Can you roll back/uninstall that recent windows 10 update?

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]