FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas Pro 13 - How to use Text "Location"?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sebastian May-Wilson
Sony Vegas Pro 13 - How to use Text "Location"?
on Sep 23, 2016 at 10:22:37 pm

So this is actually a two part post. I've got one sort of minor animation issue in SVP 13 that I could use some help with, but this has also led me to wonder about a more technical issue with the program which I'd appreciate a sort of tutorial in how to use.

So I've been trying to edit a piece of text (a subtitle of sorts) to appear on the right hand side saying something like "Hello" and then expand over the 3 seconds to "Hellooooooooooo". So I wanted most of the text to be hidden at the start of the media and then for it to scroll across the screen whilst also revealing more of the letters (not actually increase in size). Now I did eventually figure out how to do this using a combination of the Event Pan/Crop and Track Motion, where I obviously used the Pan/Crop to cut off the text at the start and end up viewing all of the text, and then used Track Motion to position it. However, this seemed like a slightly inelegant solution and it was also limited because it's you can only use the Event Pan/Crop on a text of a certain length (you know, before it goes out of the screen). So I was wondering if there was some pre-set animation or any better solution which might help?

Onto the technical issue: While trying to figure out if there was a better way of doing this, I was wondering if the Text Location system had a better method. So actually using the Keyframes system in the Generate Media menus. But, when I tried using it, it actually ended up being really indecipherable and I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. Like, when I tried doing what I described above, the text somehow ended up not only moving in the wrong direction, but it started on the wrong side of the screen and then even LOOPED halfway through its position on the track. In short, I tried using it once and it basically absolutely messed up everything. So, if anyone knew of some kind of tutorial or could try and quickly explain the use of that, it would be super helpful!

Return to posts index

Sebastian May-Wilson
Re: Sony Vegas Pro 13 - How to use Text "Location"?
on Sep 28, 2016 at 3:28:37 am

Further to the first question in my post, if anyone does actually know of a way of making text "expand" like I describe, I am also wondering if there is any way to do it WITHIN a word.

For example: the word "Thanks" would appear on screen as a subtitle and then expand outwards to "Thaaaaaaanks" as the word is drawn out in the speech of the video itself. To be fair though, that almost certainly would involve an entirely different set of animating techniques, so this is presumably just a long shot to ask that.

Return to posts index

László Kovács
Re: Sony Vegas Pro 13 - How to use Text "Location"?
on Sep 28, 2016 at 5:10:37 am

Hi,

you can keyframe the legacy text plugin.
Just click animate, add a keyframe, move the playhead, add another keyframe, and type a letter.
And see.... :)
Th rest is intuitive, I think.
Should I create a tutorial video? :)

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]