FORUMS: list search recent posts

I've had Sony Vegas Platinum 12.0 for a long time, want to upgrade to Platinum 13.0

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin v Duuglas-Ittu
I've had Sony Vegas Platinum 12.0 for a long time, want to upgrade to Platinum 13.0
on Sep 22, 2016 at 10:41:09 am

Hi -

I've had and loved Sony Vegas Movie Stuido Platinum 12.0 for a long while, but now that I have a camera that shoots XAVC-S I need to upgrade to 13.0.

Q:
1. Is that correct? I do have to upgrade to handle that new codex?
2. Is there a discounted way of upgrading, without having to purchase 13.0 as if I were not a current 12.0 user?

2a. About a week ago an offer popped when I opened Vegas up, to purchase 13.0 and then get a free version of 14.0 when it was released in February. But honestly I was not looking very closely and x'd out of the popup. Now I can't really find the offer any longer. Is this something I can still take advantage of

any help or clarity would be appreciated!

Kevin

Return to posts index

Kevin v Duuglas-Ittu
Re: I've had Sony Vegas Platinum 12.0 for a long time, want to upgrade to Platinum 13.0
on Sep 23, 2016 at 11:01:48 am

Is it the case that I just have to buy Platinum 13.0 free standing?

There is no user discount or upgrade?

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: I've had Sony Vegas Platinum 12.0 for a long time, want to upgrade to Platinum 13.0
on Sep 23, 2016 at 5:23:29 pm

[Kevin v Duuglas-Ittu] "Is it the case that I just have to buy Platinum 13.0 free standing? "
I would contact MAGIX Customer Support. I don't know how they are handling the upgrade of Sony products but I'm guessing that you would NOT have to pay full price.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

Kevin v Duuglas-Ittu
on Sep 24, 2016 at 9:45:56 am

Thank you John.

I did contact them, or at least send a message to them several days ago, but they simply have not replied.

Worse yet, I stupidly downloaded Movie Studio 13.0 (not realizing there is a difference between Platinum and base), thinking the price was reduced automatically through my "update" link in Movie Studio. So now I have a pretty much useless version of 13.0 which I've paid $50 for (assuming no refund).

That's why I'm really trying to figure out if I can get some kind of upgrade discount. I've already accidentally thrown $50 away through a confusion because of their redirect link. It would hurt to have basically pay $125 for 13.0 Platinum (the two full priced versions combined).

Any contact ideas on how to get an answer from them?

best,
Kevin

Return to posts index

Kevin v Duuglas-Ittu
on Sep 27, 2016 at 4:38:01 am

No worries, I just went ahead and bought the new version at price. Very disappointed. 7 days, no reply from Magix support. I'm a long time, and very loyal Sony Vegas user, but this kind of blows. :/

Thanks for your help as you could, this forum has helped me in the past.

best to you!

Kevin

Return to posts index

Shinra Bansho
on Sep 27, 2016 at 5:33:54 am

Hi Kevin,

I have an unused Vegas Platinum 13 that I purchased last year as a package with other Sony software I was interested. Since I have a Vegas Pro 13, I do not need the Platinum 13. If you like, I'd be happy to give it to you as an early Christmas gift. (^_-) Leave me you email address here so that I can get you the serial.

Return to posts index

Kevin v Duuglas-Ittu
on Oct 2, 2016 at 5:05:01 am

Re: "I have an unused Vegas Platinum 13 that I purchased last year as a package with other Sony software I was interested. Since I have a Vegas Pro 13, I do not need the Platinum 13. If you like, I'd be happy to give it to you as an early Christmas gift. (^_-) Leave me you email address here so that I can get you the serial."

You are very, very kind! Unfortunately, as of my last post I had already purchased 13.0 Platinum. Hopefully there might be someone else who could give your 13.0 Platinum a nice home.

Return to posts index

patrick vandergeten
on Sep 30, 2016 at 1:28:21 pm

Dear all,
I contacted the (excellent!) helpdesk of Sony a week ago and got a message with the info that Sony stopd with consumer video editing software like Movie Studio and that Magix continues the software and support etc.
Can somebody confirm this?

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Oct 1, 2016 at 1:35:11 pm

[patrick vandergeten] "I contacted the (excellent!) helpdesk of Sony a week ago and got a message with the info that Sony stopd with consumer video editing software like Movie Studio and that Magix continues the software and support etc. Can somebody confirm this?"
Yes, Sony has sold all of it's software assets (with the exception of Catalyst Suite) to MAGIX. You will need to contact MAGIX for Movie Studio support.

Sony has nothing to do with Movie Studio, Vegas Pro, DVD Architect, CD Architect, ACID, Sound Forge, SpectraLayers Pro, etc. anymore.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]