FORUMS: list search recent posts

How To Activate Vegas Pro 14 After Purchasing Upgrade Offer For Vegas 13 + Free Vegas Pro 14

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan Keast
How To Activate Vegas Pro 14 After Purchasing Upgrade Offer For Vegas 13 + Free Vegas Pro 14
on Sep 21, 2016 at 7:19:17 am

Back in June, I purchased the option of getting Vegas Pro 13 + Free Vegas 14. I got the physical disc version of Sony Vegas Pro 13. Now when I downloaded Vegas Pro 14, it does not accept the Vegas Pro 13 serial ID. I tried to register Vegas Pro 13 on Magix website, and it states Serial Number is invalid. I have contacted Magix through an email request, but no response yet.

Has anyone else had this issue yet?

How do you activate your "free Vegas 14" after having purchased the Vegas 13 upgrade offer back in June?

It seems like they wanted people to purchase the upgrade to Vegas 14, but are now sketchy about how to actually get your free Vegas 14 now. At least the interface so far looks the same, glad to see the software is still alive, but I hope Magix backs it up with a little Customer Support.

Any info appreciated.

Return to posts index

Nathan Keast
Re: How To Activate Vegas Pro 14 After Purchasing Upgrade Offer For Vegas 13 + Free Vegas Pro 14
on Sep 21, 2016 at 7:36:28 am

Here's the email offer sent.

But how do you activate your FREE 14 with the Vegas Pro 13 serial number??

Return to posts index

Nathan Keast
Re: How To Activate Vegas Pro 14 After Purchasing Upgrade Offer For Vegas 13 + Free Vegas Pro 14
on Sep 21, 2016 at 4:21:04 pm

Just to update:
I did receive this email from Magix. Apparently, they will be sending out the serial number via email soon.

"If you purchased the Vegas Pro 13 (Suite) offer that includes the free upgrade to Vegas Pro 14 (Suite) from MAGIX recently, you will be contacted shortly with the product details for version 14. No further action on your end is required at this point. You might just want to make sure that you're receiving our e-mails and they don't end up in your spam folder.

The Vegas Pro 13 serial number you currently have will *not* work in the version 14 installers. You will be provided with a new serial number in our e-mail.

I hope this information helps."

Return to posts index

Guðmundur Sigmundsson
on Sep 22, 2016 at 12:14:52 am

I purchased the same upgrade offer but haven´t received any email like you did.

When did you receive it?

Return to posts index

Nathan Keast
on Sep 23, 2016 at 9:21:59 am

Sept 22nd, 11:21 pm
Hurray, I just got my download serial numbers in the mail from MAGIX.

Now, I can start running this thing through its paces.

I've been very happy with Vegas through the years and found it to be very intuitive and easy to learn. I hope it continues to improve with MAGIX.

Return to posts index

Matt Smitherz
on Sep 23, 2016 at 12:00:08 pm

But why the mention "(Suite)" and the "Pro" only is mentioned?
Is it the "pro" or the "pro suite"??

Return to posts index

Lucio Mendonca
on Sep 23, 2016 at 3:27:40 pm

Is anyone else getting an error:-15 message when trying to register the Vegas 14 product?

Return to posts index

Nathan Keast
on Sep 24, 2016 at 10:20:31 am

FINAL UPDATE
Ok, finally got the serial numbers. I was only able to download ALL the programs at the same time by following the exact download link I got when I got the serial numbers. Also, I had to uninstall Vegas 14 that I had previously installed. If you don't follow that exact download link you get sent by MAGIX, then you can still instill DVDA, but have to register it first, then can install it. You can also install Mercali but have to go to the Mercali website, register, then download the Vegas plug-in. You activate that plug-in within the plug-in itself inside Vegas. I don't see where you can install New Blue other than following the link MAGIX sends you. That plug-in must be activated by registering with New Blue during the installation process. The New Blue installation package is called Vegas Pro Complete and took larger to install than Vegas itself.

So overall, it is a little bit of a process to install. And from my reading of the EULA, it looks like you can install the program on up to 3 computers, but then have to deactivate one of them to switch to a different computer. That's the exact same set-up Hit Film Pro uses.

Long story short, I guess you should save that email you get from MAGIX; otherwise, you are going to be downloading the programs separately (kind of a pain) and may not be able to install New Blue at all, unless you can find where the Vegas Pro Complete package is on their website.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]