FORUMS: list search recent posts

How in the world do you actually get an email to contact MAGIX support - Eric Dettman?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Cobble
How in the world do you actually get an email to contact MAGIX support - Eric Dettman?
on Sep 21, 2016 at 3:34:50 am

I have clicked so many things on Magix website , put in my user name and password and yet the best I can see, unless you have a problem that someone else has already had, and they can list an answer, you cant get in contact with them via email. If this is so, I would not use Vegas 14 if they gave it to me. I know that today the idea of support is find someone on the web or the Cow who has already figured it out and not bother the software company, as they need to make sure they get the checks cash before the bank closes, I think this a revolting development! I see a racky road ahead for the Vegas hopeful of whom I was one - ...............................................Until contacting Magix support! Oh well live and learn

Return to posts index

László Kovács
Re: How in the world do you actually get an email to contact MAGIX support - Eric Dettman?
on Sep 21, 2016 at 4:11:59 am

Hi, I used to create a support ticket.
The current trend is they answer within 5 days...
I contacred Magix yesterday, because I wanted to know, how to activate V14.

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

Nathan Keast
Re: How in the world do you actually get an email to contact MAGIX support - Eric Dettman?
on Sep 21, 2016 at 7:22:58 am

Did you figure out yet how to activate Vegas 14 after having purchased that option back in June with the upgrade offer? I think I'm having the same issue, that's why I'm asking.

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Sep 21, 2016 at 7:28:43 am

Hi, not yet, but exactly this is why I contacted them.
V14 runs now with the 7 days option.
When I do a render, it doesn't place a "trial" or similar watermark on the rendered file, as it was the case before with some other Vegas version from Sony. So it seems to be 100% useable in the trial period.

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

Nathan Keast
on Sep 21, 2016 at 7:43:34 am

I see. Well, definitely post if you can.

On the Welcome screen, it says:
"Just a few more steps before you can start the program. The serial number is located on the back of the CD/DVD sleeve or it has been sent to you via email." Seems like an oversight on their part to not have a ready way to convert the Vegas Pro serial number.

I notice under the option to Continue Using Trial, it says you get a 30 day trial, but can extend it for7 more days by registering, so it looks like a 37-day trial period, which seems reasonable.

Thank you for your response.

Return to posts index

Nathan Keast
on Sep 21, 2016 at 7:46:40 am

Opps...I read that wrong. It says you can use for 7 days like you said or extend for 30 days if you register. Not 37 days. My mistake!

Return to posts index

Don Cobble
on Sep 21, 2016 at 6:28:02 pm

Well I even tried calling today, just to see if in fact Magix is a box company (those who, when you have paid and walk out the door they dont know you again) YEP! They are,

Questions?
Give us a call 1-305-722-5810 Monday to Friday 9 am - 4 pm EST (we want answer,but you are welcome to call) :-)

Read more: http://www.magix.com/us/support/
Follow us: Google+ | Facebook

I have been learning FCPX just in case the anticipated VP14 day was a bust - Yep, I must learn X for real now %^&*^()!!!!!
I also have been using Edius WG8 awkward but impressive, I will keep an eye on the great group of Vegas-ites from afar. Great while it lasted

Don

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Sep 21, 2016 at 7:41:47 pm

Just got the answer.
It says that they send out e-mails with serials later this week.

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]