FORUMS: list search recent posts

OK. The race to upgrade to 14 begins. What's everyone's impressions?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron Whitaker
OK. The race to upgrade to 14 begins. What's everyone's impressions?
on Sep 20, 2016 at 6:18:57 pm

For those who have upgraded, what are your thoughts?

What's new? What's better? What's worse? Etc, etc?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
Re: OK. The race to upgrade to 14 begins. What's everyone's impressions?
on Sep 24, 2016 at 10:11:53 pm

I just loaded the Trial Version of Vegas Pro 14 .. I like it so far. Seems solid. My old .veg files from Version 13 loaded just fine. I tried the Velocity envelope and it worked great with speeds of up to 1000% .. way better than V13.

BUT -- I cannot use my PluralEyes plugin !! .. This is a serious bummer as I rely on PluralEyes to sync my "wild" sound done on my H1 Zoom recorder. All my iZotope stuff works which is great.

I wanted to try out the Mercalli V4 stabilizier .. and the NewBlue stuff that comes with VP14 but the trial is lacking them. If I really liked the Mercalli it would help me make up my mind to upgrade .. $249 is a steep upgrade price for us older users who are use to paying about $100 less for a Vegas Upgrade.

I will report more as I work with the trial.

Return to posts index

Antonio Souto
on Sep 24, 2016 at 11:40:23 pm

MVP 14 seems more stable and faster (4k files) than SVP 13. I am using the trial version. The down side is that I cannot import mkv or mov H.265 files. I can export in this format thou.

Return to posts index

Terry Hogan
on Oct 22, 2016 at 1:16:56 am

Vegas Pro 14 seems to work great. Mercalli can stabilize my Sony a7S II 4k xavc s files where as the Sony stabilize effect crashes trying to stabilize these files. However, I have not been able to get my Pluraleyes to show up in the extensions in Vegas Pro 14. I guess I will have to start my projects in Vegas Pro 13 and then use Pluraleyes 4 to sync my audio files and then open the project in Vegas Pro 14 to continue with editing.

Return to posts index

Red-Rob Rothkopf
Re: OK. The race to upgrade to 14 begins. What's everyone's impressions? MEH
on Oct 24, 2016 at 3:53:16 pm

I own and use 10 daily.
I purchased 12 and never used it.
I purchase 14 with the 3rd party bundle because I wanted more elaborate titling options and the 3d Boris offering.

What I like....

• Theoretically, more robust titling options

• Theoretically, better performance

• Mercalli stabilization -- works, but I'm not sure the results are actually better than the older Vegas stabilization, and it seems slower to analyze.

• Filters & Transitions -- I love some of the new filters/fx... very useful. Some/many of these may have already been in Vegas 13, but I don't know which.

What I dislike....

• The robust titling options.. hard to figure out how to effectively use, and crashes

• Performance.. playback seems choppy, and there are significant problems with file handling of .M2T files that were captured from HDV *using Vegas*. Vegas 14 also does not support as many NVIDIA cards, which means no CUDA support and slower rendering on some workstations and notebooks (e.g. one of mine)

• No support from PluralEyes (yet)

• Icons... they got rid of lots of the color.. have no idea why.. don't particularly care for the look. Would have been nice to give us the option of having more or less color I suppose

• .AC3 sometimes requires re-rendering in DVDA... using the same templates as in earlier Vegas versions, .AC3 audio files are sometimes needing to be recompressed when brought into the newer DVDA; I'm using the older DVDA as a result.. other than a few new templates, I'm not sure what has progressed in DVDA7.. still seems 32-bit to me and much slower on re-rendering than in Vegas (I never re-render video in DVDA if I can avoid it)

Return to posts index

Scott Francis
Re: OK. The race to upgrade to 14 begins. What's everyone's impressions? MEH
on Oct 24, 2016 at 11:45:17 pm

Honestly, I have started my migration to Premiere. I have been a Vegas user since version 6 or 7 and have used it very extensively. However, I can no longer deal with all the crashes, non-fixes, new bugs with or without the old bugs, slower render times in 14 vs 13, lack of ANYTHING new since 2012, poor preview quality and the list goes on...

I will continue to use Vegas as I migrate, and I KNOW there are issues with Adobe stuff and I abhor the "renting' of software. However, I envision myself seeking employment that requires knowing and using the Adobe Suite in the future, and honestly, I need some third party FX and such (Rampant videos primarily) to work out of the box instead of the usual "workaround" issues in Vegas.

I wish I could stay, I hope that maybe MVP matures and actually gets better instead of window dressing.

That is my take on this whole thing, VERY disappointed for the most part with MVP14.

Xavier (Scott) Francis
Mind's Eye Audio/Video Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]