FORUMS: list search recent posts

Proshow gold by photodex V Vegas

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john o flaherty
Proshow gold by photodex V Vegas
on Sep 20, 2016 at 12:46:42 pm

Hi Folks,
I have seen this package by photodex, proshow gold, where you can put video footage or photos on a timeline with excellent effect already built in, does vegas have anything like that? is there a 3rd party software I could use on my vegas even to achieve this??

Thanks for help.
John in Ireland.

Return to posts index

Bruce Brent
Re: Proshow gold by photodex V Vegas
on Sep 20, 2016 at 1:21:36 pm

John, unfortunately, ProShow Gold won't let you place your video clip on the still shot timeline. On the finished DVD menu are separate menu buttons, one for video, another for your stills. When you click, to play the video clip, there's a blank screen, then continues (video or still). You can't make a transition from video to still shot, like you can with Vegas Pro.

ProShow Gold is effective if you're looking for a way of creating a still slide show with many stills. There are a lot of transition effects, narration, placement of your music, you can't beat Vegas Pro for higher quality output. But, that means more manual work involved.

If you do decide to use ProShow Gold, let us know your impression so others can have more insight to better decide which might work for them.

Good luck

Return to posts index

john o flaherty
on Sep 21, 2016 at 6:18:14 am

Thank you bruce for your advice its much appricated, might trial it and see how it goes.

Return to posts index

David Shirey
on Sep 20, 2016 at 2:31:12 pm

I'd say nothing beats Photodex Gold for quickly and easily slapping together a montage of photographs in a hurry. I can also tell you nothing beats Vegas for having complete control and flexibility over a montage that could involve any type of media. I've been doing photo montages since the 90's and since switching to Vegas full-time in 2006 I've never looked back, aside from using Photodex on-site occasionally where you have to ingest photos and make a montage of them immediately.

Magix also has a discount through September 22 on their Photo Story Deluxe software which looks like it has a somewhat similar interface to Vegas but I've never used.

Return to posts index

john o flaherty
on Sep 21, 2016 at 6:20:37 am

Hi David thanks so much for the advice and I will check out Magix too, much appreciated. john

Return to posts index

Bruce Brent
on Sep 22, 2016 at 2:31:39 pm

I've been able to get some information on Magix's slide show program, and it beats others hands down. Yes, you can put video along side stills and fx's (fads, etc) work great. Magix's program has a lot more advantages too. The output to DVD, Blu ray come great. But, there is a benefit to using Vegas Pro when it comes to manipulating the music track/s. More manual work in Vegas Pro, but you be the judge. Magix offers a trial period and I recommend trying it before deciding on any program you'll use in the end.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]