FORUMS: list search recent posts

Old Vegas Projects on new Magix builds

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Antonio Salva
Old Vegas Projects on new Magix builds
on Sep 18, 2016 at 10:17:29 am

Im always behind the times when it comes to Vegas, I always wait until the next version comes out before I upgrade, but always 2 behind the current version. Hoping thay all of the kinks have been ironed out. My question is how compatible will my old Vegas projects be with the new Magix builds? Will I have problems with version 12 projects if I have to reinstall version 12 on a new computer ? Will the new magix scripting make 3rd party software or VST plugins incompatible? Reading about the incompatibility of Vasst products with the new version 13 has me worried about my old projects. Sorry if this has been answered but Ive been a little bit out of the loop and my search may have been misworded-Thanx for any input- Tony

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: Old Vegas Projects on new Magix builds
on Sep 18, 2016 at 1:01:19 pm

Old projects should open without a problem. VST, DirectX, and OFX plug-ins should not be affected. Scripts and Command Extensions will need to be modified to work with the MAGIX version of Vegas Pro.

If you are worried about script plug-ins working, I would stay on Vegas Pro 13 until the maker of your plug-ins release a version for MAGIX Vegas Pro 14. We at VASST are still working on these modifications.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

Antonio Salva
on Sep 18, 2016 at 2:49:47 pm

anks fThanks r the quick reply John,you are always so helpful and respond with great solutions and insight. I was reading another thread about long projects and saw you recommended rendering to MXF if you want to reconstruct smaller "scenes" into a larger project-do you still feel this is the best method for a large project. Also I read where you said this-"BTW, If you are running a business you should have daily incremental backups of your system. This way if an update causes things to fail you can always get back to the state you had the day before. Anything less, IMHO, is playing with fire." By backing up do you mean making a ghost like copy of your C drive or should I be using Windows internal backup and restore? I use Windows 7 pro. I know this is basic stuff but Im guilty of this and I would like to do it correctly. I always value your opinion as the standard- you've helped me out of a couple jams already-Thanks

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Sep 19, 2016 at 9:10:09 pm

[Antonio Salva] "I was reading another thread about long projects and saw you recommended rendering to MXF if you want to reconstruct smaller "scenes" into a larger project-do you still feel this is the best method for a large project."
Yes, Vegas works very well with MXF files and using the HD422 50Mbps template provides high quality output fit for broadcast.
[Antonio Salva] "Also I read where you said this-"BTW, If you are running a business you should have daily incremental backups of your system. This way if an update causes things to fail you can always get back to the state you had the day before. Anything less, IMHO, is playing with fire." By backing up do you mean making a ghost like copy of your C drive or should I be using Windows internal backup and restore?"
No, these are not ghost copies. I was using Acronis True Image at the time I made that statement. Once a month I would perform a complete backup (like a ghost) and then every day it would perform a daily incremental backup which was just the deltas from the day before. I would keep these from the last month and keep the full backups for 3 months. This allowed me to go back to any day for almost two months time or as far back as 3 months to recover.

I have since moved to the Mac and Apple's built-in Time Machine does hourly incremental backups! I also still perform monthly full backups using Carbon Copy Cloner.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]