FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quality problem after render

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sandra Marszałek
Quality problem after render
on Sep 15, 2016 at 6:55:43 am

Hi everyone!
I have this problem, which one of my clients reported me few project ago. I can't see it on my computer but he keep saying something is wrong.
I received some clips from different sources. This is how it looks like:

1 cam.
MPEG-4
QuickTime

2 cam.
MPEG-4
QuickTime

3 cam.
MPEG-4
QuickTime

I need to make a huge color correction every single time cause colors looks completly different and are mostly yellow.
I'm adding 0.010 to sharpnes too.

These are my render settings

+ project quality best

These are my project settings

Now. My client says that the quality of the movie after rendering it is worse than the original one. He keeps saying there is to much sharpnes and than in few minutes he says there is not enough of sharpness. The other time he sees some pixel and so on.
I can't see it on my computer or my tv so I don't know how to fix this. No one other besides him get this problems.

I'm working on Sony Vegas 13.
8 GB RAM

Please help me what am I doing wrong:(

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Quality problem after render
on Sep 15, 2016 at 8:41:19 am

First off Sandra thanks for all the detailed reports. I just wished others were so thorough when they report.

Secondly, did your client further render your work?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Sandra Marszałek
on Sep 15, 2016 at 8:47:50 am

Hello Graham thank you for your response

No he doesn't render it further
Last year there were no problems with our cooperation and from that time I haven't changed a thing in my working station or the way I'm working with the footage :(

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Sep 15, 2016 at 9:22:33 am

I had to ask.

As you have QA-ed all your output and are assured your work is good, there would appear to be a variable happening during or after your work is transferred. Is there anything in the pipeline after you? Has your client needing to read or monitor your output in a different way?

* Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Sandra Marszałek
on Sep 15, 2016 at 9:39:59 am

If he says the truth he is only watching it on his tv or computer nothing more.

If it's a problem during render than what can go wrong? I tried to render his materials on two separated computers one with win10 AMD processor and the other one with win8 Intel processor and the feedback is the same.

What's funny earlier I was giving like 0.100 or even 0.200 to sharpness and there was never any problem.
But few weeks ago one of the projects was ok for him he said the quality is perfect - and it has same setting as every other.
I'm just so confused now.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Sep 15, 2016 at 9:52:16 am

[Sandra Marszałek] "But few weeks ago one of the projects was ok for him he said the quality is perfect"
Repeat by resending the "acceptable" output and get his feedback.

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Sandra Marszałek
on Sep 15, 2016 at 9:57:47 am

I sent him the information that it was all made the same way as the last project he accepted but he never responded to that information he just said that "I should know what is the problem and how to fix this" :/

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Sep 15, 2016 at 10:26:00 am

I would need to establish if anything on the viewing-end has changed. By inviting to review the previously acceptable output would go a long way in establishing just where the variation is occurring. I've done this with clients.

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Sandra Marszałek
on Sep 15, 2016 at 10:38:07 am

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. Sorry if I got it wrong - client says that the change of the quality is visible all the way long through the video.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Sep 15, 2016 at 11:04:02 am

I'm referring to the original project you did. The Project that was previously acceptable. Have the client play that project.

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Sandra Marszałek
on Sep 15, 2016 at 11:12:58 am

He played the rendered file. He never get's the project itself cause he's doesn't know how to edit movies anyway

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Sep 15, 2016 at 11:43:05 am

Sandra, please re-read.

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Sandra Marszałek
on Sep 15, 2016 at 11:48:56 am

I'm not native in English so I'm afraid I don't understand you now sorry :(
He played the project he accepted of course. He wouldn't accept it if he doesn't

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]