FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multi-threaded Export Codecs

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Regnell
Multi-threaded Export Codecs
on Sep 14, 2016 at 11:05:45 pm

My PC is currently running an Intel Xeon 2683 v3 and I've been really happy with the results this processor has given me while working in Vegas Pro. However, I'm trying to find the best codec to export 15-20 minute videos to that will utilize (efficiently) the cores in the processor.

Using MainConcept AVC or Sony AVC use 100% of my processor, however, they also take much longer (think, 25 minutes for a 15 minute video) to render.

Mind you, most of the video work I do is just input / output. A little slicing of footage, but no effects or multiple tracks.

As far as recording codecs goes, I've tried a variety to find a balance between storing large files (I will record for an hour or two at a time), and something that is easily decoded in Vegas Pro for editing.

There's an XDCAM EX preset which renders extremely fast, but doesn't produce videos sized the way I would like, and you cannot control the bitrate.

This preset is locked to 25mbps for 720p and 35mpbs at 1080p.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear advice!

I can also provide more computer information and anything else that would help me find a happy medium.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]