FORUMS: list search recent posts

Magix not contactable?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phil Seymour
Magix not contactable?
on Sep 14, 2016 at 9:06:53 am

It has been a while since I visited this fantastic forum, and great to see so many gurus still here. Returning to video production work after a couple of years I felt that I should upgrade my Vegas Pro 12 to 13. However the only offering from Magix on their convoluted web site is a full price version with no mention of upgrade prices. There is no (at least I haven't been able to find it) email way to contact the company - only a telephone number (I am in Australia.)

One feels Magix has no interest in communicating with customers or has no interest in promoting Vegas.

That said, does anyone have info on upgrading Vegas or contacting Magix?

Thanks in advance.

Windows 7 Pro64, i7 CPU, 16GB RAM, SSD boot drive, GTX 570 Graphics, Vegas Pro 12

Return to posts index

László Kovács
Re: Magix not contactable?
on Sep 14, 2016 at 11:19:43 am

Hi,

I could contact them by creating a support ticket few times.
They always responded so far however it took few days.
At the moment I'm waiting for an answer too, since 2 days.

So you can contact MAGIX, but you also need to be patient :)

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

Phil Seymour
on Sep 14, 2016 at 9:32:30 pm

I haven't found the support ticket option yet... but the web site is not the best design. I did sign up for Magix magazine etc.. but looking through the magazine guess what? No mention of Vegas.
It seems Magix need a primer in customer relations. I would get better service from a rabbit hidden in its burrow. Weird.

Anyway, yes Steve, it would be better to go straight to V 14... but if it is due out so soon where is the marketing? What changes are in it and is there an upgrade path? Sheesh!! The best editing program in their hands and they treat it like used toilet paper!

Thanks guys for the replies. I am burning midnight oil getting back into NLE and reading Cow posts.

Windows 7 Pro64, i7 CPU, 16GB RAM, SSD boot drive, GTX 570 Graphics, Vegas Pro 12

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Sep 14, 2016 at 3:23:14 pm

Hey Phil, why not wait for Vegas Pro 14, that will be released later this month.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

David Shirey
on Sep 14, 2016 at 4:00:36 pm

For something due out within 2 weeks you'd think we'd have heard more about detailed features and support. Did they get anyone a discounted upgrade deal yet? Sony used to do that well ahead of release right?

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Sep 15, 2016 at 3:55:00 am

"Did they get anyone a discounted upgrade deal yet?"
Yeah they certainly did.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

David Shirey
on Sep 15, 2016 at 9:32:22 pm

Can I ask what the deal was? The only e-mail I ever got was the offer to upgrade any version of Vegas to 13 and get 14 free on release for $200. I was waiting on an upgrade from 13 to 14 which is normally around $130 if I recall. Are they not doing that this time around or did they neglect to send me an offer?

Return to posts index

rosh kadri
on Sep 16, 2016 at 2:20:10 am

That's the offer I took up, 13 and 14 for $200. Someone asked the same question as you on the old sony forums about a month ago and Eric from Magix replied that there would be an offer soon to go from 13 to 14. Not sure when and for how much. We'll find out soon enough as 14 is to be released on the 20th.

Return to posts index

rosh kadri
on Sep 15, 2016 at 1:14:24 pm

Glad they're keeping vegas pro alive, I'd pay just for that. Since they just took over, I think we need to cut them some slack. Brief mentions of the new updates can be found here:
https://magazine.vegascreativesoftware.com/2016/09/14/vegas-pro-new-version...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]