Shaun Jackson
My longer videos are taking days to render while my shorter ones are fine
on Sep 9, 2016 at 1:49:32 am

My computer specs:

AMD FX 8320 8-Core Processor
8 GB Ram
AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

The version of vegas I'm running is 13

Ok, so the problem is that my my live stream recordings of myself playing games are taking days to render. The video lengths range from 30-40 min and they'll take like 14-30 hours to render. They're recorded at 30 frames and 1080p. I've tried rendering in both 720 and 1080p, but it makes no drastic difference. I render my videos in mp4 format. Here's a pic of what settings I use:

http://imgur.com/a/VXPLO

The interesting thing is that 10-20 min videos of me just talking in front of my camera with maybe some footage over it and with music playing in the background don't take long at all. For example, one of these videos recorded and rendered in 1080p with a length of 5 min will take about 10-20 min typically.

Any help will be appreciated. Any other questions about my settings or specs, just ask away.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: My longer videos are taking days to render while my shorter ones are fine
on Sep 9, 2016 at 2:49:43 am

The problem is your recording software. Since Vegas renders OK using a real camera, the really dramatic increase can only mean that Vegas does not like your recorded files. This seems to be a very common problem. You need to be specific about what software you are using. You could also upload a short sample of your problem recordings to something like Dropbox.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Shaun Jackson
on Sep 9, 2016 at 3:21:33 am

the program i'm using to record is xsplit. The files come out in mp4 format.

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Sep 9, 2016 at 5:15:50 am

Hi,

mp4, with what codec?

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

Shaun Jackson
on Sep 9, 2016 at 6:08:48 am

It says x264 under my settings for video and AAC LC for audio . I believe that's what you're referring to.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Sep 9, 2016 at 3:05:16 pm

One requirement is that the recorded file must use constant frame rate recording--not variable frame rate as some software apps do. Unfortunately, there is not a foolproof way of determining this. MediaInfo may sometimes mistakenly indicate constant frame rate. One indication is that within Vegas, your frame rate under properties is not exactly 60 or 59.94. Best thing to do is upload a short clip.

Regardless, the problem almost certainly lies with your recording software. Have you tried others? You might want to have a look at this thread where I surprisingly found that OBS works quite well. It's freeware.

https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/24/1012989

With OBS recordings at 1080 60P, the resulting renders were near real-time with my old system--1080 30P would be even faster. Good luck.

wwaag

Return to posts index

James Hauge
on Sep 10, 2016 at 7:30:05 am

I agree with the others about the problem being with the recording software...

If you really like that recording software and don't want to try something else, you can try using a tool such as ffmpeg which is freeware as well and should be able to straighten out your original video files into new video files that will work well with Vegas...

That's just a middle ground, I would seriously consider a different recording software though... OBS as someone else mentioned is a great tool.. I've used it once or twice and it's very powerful and works great.

--James

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]