FORUMS: list search recent posts

Activation of Older SCS Software Question

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Francois Blawat
Activation of Older SCS Software Question
on Sep 8, 2016 at 3:59:28 pm

So... Before I go and reinstall software, I need to know which company will be able to Activate / Register my paid for software?

MoviEZ HD - SCS?

PhotoGo - SCS?

SIREN Jukebox - SCS?

Cinescore - SCS?

VideoFactory - SCS?

I am only listing the software above that I know that SCS did not sell to MAGIX. I was just reading the post called Registration Busted. Current Support Path? by Bryan Brackin that indicated the SCS website to manually register appears to not be working.

How will these get activated properly if even the option to download the free update (listed from my account under SCS) forwards me to Magix's website that has no downloads for MoviEZ HD, PhotoGo, SIREN Jukebox, Cinescore or Videofactory?

I have ACID, DVD Architect, Sound Forge and Vegas Pro so I'm assuming that MAGIX will activate the older versions of those just fine but have not verified that yet.

Just curious if anyone has a definitive answer on which company will activate the above older software that was not sold to Magix.

Thanks,

- - - - -
FixitMad

Return to posts index

László Kovács
Re: Activation of Older SCS Software Question
on Sep 8, 2016 at 6:35:21 pm

Hi,

They are activated by MAGIX.

My old notebook died, and bought a new one. Here I installed Vegas pro 10 on 2016.07.21. and succesfully activated.
I just upgraded to Vegas 13 on 07.31.

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

Jorma Nippala
on Sep 8, 2016 at 6:45:24 pm

Are you sure?

This was posted by MAGIX_Eric D on the MAGIX Vegas forum on Sep.6. '16
MAGIX is currently implementing a web page which will allow downloading the former SCS products, and an activation system which will add the serial to your account, and activate using a MAGIX server. This is currently not implemented as of yet but will be up and running in the near future. In the meantime the download links on the SCS side are redirecting to the product pages on the MAGIX side. Thank you for your patience as work is still being completed on this.

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Sep 8, 2016 at 6:56:10 pm

I am sure about when I installed and activated.

I upgradede to V13 when I received the mail about the free upgrade to V14...

Since I don't use V10 now on the notebook, I'll try to uninstall, reinstall, and see if I can activate.

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Sep 8, 2016 at 7:05:33 pm

I'm not sure how, but it worked. After giving the serial, it could register online, 3 minutes ago...

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

Francois Blawat
on Sep 9, 2016 at 12:18:13 am

Hi László,

So if I'm understanding correctly ALL SCS products can be activated by MAGIX? I thought I remember reading somewhere that SCS would be activating their software they did not sell to MAGIX?

I guess I will have to try Cinescore and MoviEZ HD to see if they will activate on a different system that never had that software before. MoviEZ HD was a totally different beast as I never could manually activate the software.

I am still dissappointed that MAGIX never sent me an email indicating how to register properly on their website so I could keep my login information. When Sonic Foundry sold to SONY, it was almost a seamless transition for me.

Thanks,

- - - - -
FixitMad

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Sep 9, 2016 at 5:14:53 am

Hi,

I don't have all the SCS products, only Vegas pro 10 (and now 13 too), DVD Architect 5.2, 6.0, Audio Studio 10.
My experience was that I could activate all of these on 07.21. this year, which was quite after Magix acquisition.
Based on my experience, and this here:
https://www.custcenter.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5200/track/AvOj8wobDv8S~...
I thought I'm sure it is possible to activate...
In fact, I did it with Vegas pro 10 yesterday :)
But thee are not MoieEZ HD, etc, and Jorma's post made me unsure, if ALL the products can be activated online right now.

The best thing if you try on an other system, as you mentioned, and if it works be happy.
(If I could not reactivate V10 on my notebook, it wasn't a big loss, but on my desktop I want to keep it in a working state for a year or so)
I''m not sure, when Sony bought software from Sonic Foundry, that time an activation was required....

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

Francois Blawat
on Sep 9, 2016 at 7:52:39 pm

Hi László,

Ok, this weekend I'm going to try the older MoviEZ HD and Cinescore to see if they can be activated the "normal" way.

Thanks.

- - - - -
FixitMad

Return to posts index

Francois Blawat
on Sep 12, 2016 at 3:55:39 pm

Hi László,

So this past weekend, I only had time to install MoviEZ HD (Physical product) from DVD and the registration worked right away. Still not sure if this went to SCS or MAGIX? There is no Manual option to activate this software.

So far, this is working.

I will be testing some older Sonic Foundry software to see if they register as well. MoviEZ HD came out in 2011 and the two other pieces of software I want to try are much older so that would be a good test.

Thanks,

- - - - -
FixitMad

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Sep 12, 2016 at 4:03:38 pm

Hi,

thats great to hear!

Since everything on the web I can look up is redirected from Sony to Magix, or there's a note about Magix acquisition, I think the registration went through Magix.
Note, that my opinion is without any scientific evidence :)

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

Francois Blawat
on Sep 13, 2016 at 9:36:30 pm

Hi László,

So, last night I tried to activate SIREN Jukebox and it failed. I tried a bunch of times but then I remembered this software (from 2001) is from Sonic Foundry. If I remember correctly, I think I have to use that Sony registration fix since this software was before SONY purchased the Sonic Foundry desktop tools in 2003. Once I install that tonight, I'll update again but here is hoping that this will work.

Thanks,

- - - - -
FixitMad

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Sep 14, 2016 at 5:02:10 am

That's quite an old software, but you paid for it and should be able to use :)
So if you cannot activate, you can complain about. (I would do ;)
For a good example I have an old and outdated version of Photoshop - it still does the job very well, and can do much more than I actually need.
When Adobe has shut down the activation servers for this version, notified me where to download this Photoshop in a version that deos not require activation.
I think, this is the correct attitude, and everyone else should follow this practice.

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

Francois Blawat
on Sep 14, 2016 at 3:40:43 pm

Yes, that software is Very Old but works well for my needs! Even after installing the Sony Registration Fix for the Older Sonic Foundry programs, SIREN Jukebox would Not activate.

I tried several times, rebooted several times to make sure nothing was going on with Memory. Verified I had Internet access by opening up some random webpages I have not used before. Verified that my Firewall was not on (temp only) to make sure that would not affect anything.

Looks like I will now need to create a ticket to get my older software (that I still use) activated. I still use older software on older systems and when I need to open an older file.

Looks like MAGIX still does not have the entire registration system yet working properly.

- - - - -
FixitMad

Return to posts index

Francois Blawat
on Sep 16, 2016 at 4:40:44 pm

Hi László,

Did MAGIX indicate to you if the 5 day waiting period is going to be the "norm" for them or is this just during the transition phase still? Since SCS is redirecting all product pages concerning Vegas, ACID, etc., I would have assumed the transition phase has ended.

I emailed support on Wednesday and nothing yet, but that is still within in the 5 days. I really hope 5 days is not the New Norm going forward.

- - - - -
FixitMad

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Sep 16, 2016 at 4:58:27 pm

Hi,

I think they got busy recently.
I raised a ticket on 10. jun. and it was answered on the same day.
Then I raised a ticket on 03. aug. and got the first answer on 04. aug.
Then recently raised 2 tickets 10. sep. and one was answered 13.sep. and the other 15.sep.

I bet, they get hundreds of questions a day. If they sort of the problems regarding the transition, fix bugs still present in Vegas 13, then the number of question is going to fall back dramatically. Then th response time will be shorter too.
This is my guess and hope...

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

Francois Blawat
on Sep 16, 2016 at 8:18:40 pm

Hi,

Ok, I was just wondering if they mentioned anything to you.

Thanks again and have a good upcoming weekend.

- - - - -
FixitMad

Return to posts index

Francois Blawat
on Sep 23, 2016 at 9:02:47 pm

Still no go with Registration of SIREN Jukebox . MAGIX told me it was related to my activations, but I doubt it. I am getting Illegal response was seen from the Server.

Which tells me:

1: They have not updated their servers yet to handle older Sonic Foundry software
2: SCS is still handling activations but they turned off their servers.

registration_error1.png

My software is now after 7 days without registration, so I cannot use most of the features including making .mp3 files.

I'm hoping that MAGIX is working on their servers to accept All older Sonic Foundry software.

- - - - -
FixitMad

Return to posts index

Francois Blawat
on Sep 28, 2016 at 4:31:44 pm

No go still.

Now, after MAGIX told me they reset my Activation for SIREN, I am now told that SIREN was never part of the purchase from SCS which I already knew. Not sure how they "reset" something if they do not control it in the first place.

It seems that there needs to be better communication between MAGIX and SCS.

- - - - -
FixitMad

Return to posts index

Francois Blawat
on Oct 16, 2016 at 10:03:35 pm

Today I was finally able to get my SIREN Jukebox 2.0c program registered. The MP3 Encoder I was having issues with and I received this message from Eric at MAGIX " Keep in mind we have temporary access to SCS system for activating this product, so if we have to lose access after the transition we will not be able to provide activation codes for that software. "

I was finally able to get my MP3 Encoder registered, but this brings up a serious issue for me. If MAGIX purchased the products from SCS, should MAGIX not continue to register software? I thought we were told in the transition details that we could still activate and user are older paid for software? When SONY purchased the Sonic Foundry desktop software back in 2003, SONY continued to activate and register older software on their systems.

I do not see why MAGIX cannot do this and WHY they only have temporary access to the SCS system? Should this system not have been transferred over to MAGIX? This will become a SERIOUS issue I think in the coming month whenever the transition is completed. I honestly thought the transition happened because SCS is getting rid of more and more of their access to certain URL for previous users of the software.

I am just Ranting now, but I am very concerned about my Paid-For-Software that I was told would be activated when needed. In my opinion, this is another reason NOT to have activation for software. If a server is gone, so is YOUR right to use the software.

- - - - -
FixitMad

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Oct 18, 2016 at 6:47:48 am

I just read today that SCS serials are being transferred to Magix.
If I'm right, you will be able to register your copy of Syren any time.
Well, if not, then I'd be keep complaining continously.
You still can login to sonycreativesoftware.com, do login, and take a screenshot of the page of my account / my software - just in case!

The good example is Adobe in this regard.
Once I bought my copy of Photoshop CS2.
I still use it, and for the task I use it for, it is the best, I really don't need anything better.
So the years passed, Adobe decided to shut down the servers responsible for activating CS2 products.
But before they did that, sent a notification, that they are going to do this, and a link from where I can download a version of my paid for software, which does no longer needs an activation, just a serial (another serial) which was writtten in that e-mail if I remember correctly.

I think this is the fair procedure, and Magix should follow this pattern if does not want to keep running activation servers for old products (or just release those old softwares for free).

I really don't whish Magix to be a bad example!

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

Francois Blawat
on Oct 25, 2016 at 7:25:09 pm

Hi László,

Yes I'm hoping so as well. At least I received this information from Emily at SCS.

"MAGIX Software acquired more products than just the primary product lines indicated in the press release (Vegas Pro, Movie Studio, Sound Forge, and ACID). If the product you're looking to register was a Sony Creative Software product and is not part of the Catalyst software line, it was part of the sale to MAGIX Software, and they should be able to activate it once the transition from our systems to theirs has been completed."

I will test again once the transition is complete.

Just an FYI. I was able to install and activate Vegas 4.0 and ACID 4.0 using the Internet, so It would seem MAGIX still does not have all of the items available yet to perform online activation of some of the older software. I am curious now about Cinescore and MoviEZ HD once the transition is completed.

Thanks,
-Francois

- - - - -
FixitMad

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]