FORUMS: list search recent posts

Updating my Sony Vegas 13 Pro??

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob James
Updating my Sony Vegas 13 Pro??
on Sep 4, 2016 at 7:20:48 pm

So today, I thought I would go to Sony's update section and update the build number of my Sony Vegas 13, mostly because I'm having problems integrating Plural Eyes 4 with Vegas. But it re-directs to Magix's new website, with no option to update. Now I understand Vegas has been sold to Magix and they want to start out fresh. That's completely understandable, but how is someone supposed to update their current Product? Or have we lost all support due to the sale of Vegas? Just a little bit more than frustrated at the moment!! :(

Rob,
http://www.robjames.net

Return to posts index

László Kovács
Re: Updating my Sony Vegas 13 Pro??
on Sep 4, 2016 at 8:13:02 pm

Hi,

Don't worry, Magix website is far from complete now.
I'm sure they'll add the update later.
Until then, contact Magix support providing your Sony serials.
They are going to help you.
Some keywords that might help you find on the website
"support", "technical support", "visit personal..." (this will be at the bottom), "Former SCS product"

Kind regards

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Sep 4, 2016 at 8:15:57 pm

Hi Rob,

Yesterday I downloaded the latest Vegas Pro 13 from this link... http://dl03.magix.net/trial_vegaspro13.exe?_ga=1.123674443.1170624221.14640...

This is the trial version Vegas Pro 13 build 545, which when you install it, will recognize you have a previous build and will offer to update your current installation.

I haven't done a lot of testing with this version other than my Sony scripts along with my extensions work, however beware if you use NewBlue Titler, NewBlue at this time is crashing this update.

Best Regards.....George

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Sep 4, 2016 at 8:19:55 pm

Yes, really, I did it too. But have undone, because my Vegasaur disappeared.

I'll wait for Vegas 14..

Regards

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Sep 4, 2016 at 10:56:24 pm

Hi László,

I have a secondary machine that I am following these updates and testing, not my primary production box copy. For those who may not be aware, there is really nothing new in the last two Magix updates, build 543 and 545, other than rebranding and some loss of functionality of some add-on's!! If you have the latest Sony build 453, it would be better to stick with it until maybe version 14 and even then, I would recommend installing the trial version first and test it out, unless you have already purchased the free upgrade deal.

I have no doubt Magix will experience some growing pains with it's first version 14 upgrade, as it has with the update of version 13.

Best Regards.....George

Return to posts index

Rob James
on Sep 5, 2016 at 12:57:25 am

Ok guys, thanks......I'll contact Support, and make sure any updates I test can be reversible. Is anyone else having a problem with Red Giant Plural Eyes 4 in Vegas? That's the whole reason I'm interested in testing an update, because everything else runs smooth as silk.

Rob,
http://www.robjames.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]