FORUMS: list search recent posts

Project size.. What is the 'third number'?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Melanie Fisher
Project size.. What is the 'third number'?
on Sep 4, 2016 at 7:09:50 pm

Under the window preview it tells me the project and preview size: 2500x2500x32. However the video I have is 2500x2500x24 and when I upload the rendered MP4 to the web it comes out extremely blurry, and I've read making sure all the settings match is important but I can't for the life of me figure out what the 32 is or how to change it to match the 24 of the video file. Is it even important? Please note I'm not very tech savvy, I'm quite the newbie!

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Project size.. What is the 'third number'?
on Sep 6, 2016 at 6:28:17 am

Complex.

Blurry YT upload has got an issue somewhere in the mix.

Here's the listing in the VP Manual:

"Choose a setting from the drop-down list to indicate whether you want to perform video processing (compositing, scaling, previewing, rendering, and most video plug-ins) using 8-bit or 32-bit, floating- point arithmetic.
n 8-bit:Performsvideoprocessingusing8-bitarithmeticandin the video (studio RGB, or 16-235) color space.
n 32-bitfloatingpoint(videolevels):Performsvideo processing using 32-bit arithmetic and in the video color space.
n 32-bitfloatingpoint(fullrange):Performsvideoprocessing using 32-bit arithmetic and in the full-range color space.
The 32-bit floating point settings allow greater precision for processing video, but require significantly more processing power than working with 8-bit video."

I'm trying to get my head around your "24" number. That "position" is for the type of arithmetic used for Pixel manipulation.

Have you tired to match your Settings to the Media?

Hmmm... Somebody else needs to step in here.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

László Kovács
Re: Project size.. What is the 'third number'?
on Sep 6, 2016 at 6:50:12 am

[Graham Bernard] "I'm trying to get my head around your "24" number."

Hi,

I'm quite sure it's 3 times the 8 bit.
So either 8 bit for R, G, B or Y, U, V and guess depends on codec as well.
On the project preview the 32 is 4 times the 8 bit, if you chage properties to one of the 32 bit wide presets, then it will show 128.
I'm not sure wether the fourth 8 (or 32) bit is simply blank, or reserved for A (alpha, tranparency).

Anyway, I don't think the blurryness is related to this number. I'd better think of some server-side post processing that is done after the upload - if the uploaded mp4 is sharp enough when played locally...

If that's the case, I'm afraid there's not much possible to do against it.

Kind regards

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]