FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Warning: An error occurred while opening one or more files"

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emily Dietrich
"Warning: An error occurred while opening one or more files"
on Sep 3, 2016 at 4:45:54 am

For whatever reason I keep getting the following error message whenever I try and open a set of video files: "Warning: An error occurred while opening one or more files. The file is most likely corrupted or of an unknown format".

The issue is that the format is mp4 and I've opened lots of mp4 files before. Similarly, although it's a 264 codec I believe I have opened these types of codecs before as well (not 100% positive). The files play absolutely fine in VLC player as well as Windows Media Player so I'm at a loss as to what is wrong. I've tried converting them via Handbrake only for the process to start and instantly stop claiming that the queue is complete when it never really started.

Here's all of the info listed in the file name: "1080p.HDTV.x264.AC-3.5.1.6CH.mp4"

and here are it's properties:

Thank you so much to whomever replies! I'm afraid I'm a bit of novice and I apologize if I've left out or overlooked any glaring details!

Return to posts index

Eric Clinch
Re: "Warning: An error occurred while opening one or more files"
on Sep 3, 2016 at 7:42:47 am

Your file has unusual Frame Height (1078 not 1080) and unusual fps (23 not 24 or 25). I don't know if this is causing your problem but where did the file come from?

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Sep 3, 2016 at 9:56:42 am

Not all mp4's are coded the same, Handbrake has a problem with them too, so that also
tells you that something is wrong with them. Where specifically did you get these mp4's from?

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
on Sep 3, 2016 at 2:28:46 pm

Hi Emily

Your problem with this file may be viral or just plain hokey and/or bad compression. The file name looks like a file downloaded from a torrent, specifically an episode from Game of Thrones. I recognized it 'cause I keep cleaning my friends computers... If that is the case, delete the file(s). One should never trust a file from a torrent.

Cheers !

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]