FORUMS: list search recent posts

Registration Busted. Current Support Path?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan Brackin
Registration Busted. Current Support Path?
on Sep 2, 2016 at 8:30:05 pm

I had to reinstall my Vegas and of course re-register it.

The installer gave me: "The server was unable to complete the registration as requested...." When I cancelled out of that I got the "alternate method" popup which containted a link to here :
https://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/register
There I logged in & attempted to register on the web form which in turn gave me:
"The server was unable to complete the registration as requested. [-41]"

Based on my research this is a reg cap error and normally SCS would reset peoples caps when this occurred legitimately.

Now I know that Sony has sold a bunch of stuff including Vegas to MAGIX. But it seems that the registration bit was to be held at SCS until around Sept 1. 2016 (yesterday as of this writing). My problem occurred on that very day. Such is my luck.

So, I tried to contact support on both sides and noted the old 800 Sony support # didn't help, MAGIX had a # where they want you to pay for a ticket number before they pick up. Sony chat was dead. No MAGIX chat that I could find. The Sony support form won't take Vegas tickets that I could tell.

I WAS able to get a ticket into MAGIX but there is no response so far 24 hours later. I found the Sony fax line to be operational so I actually sent a fax which I suppose is kind of like a message in a bottle at this point.

Perhaps one day MAGIX will respond. Meanwhile I can't use the SW I paid for.

Anyone run into this or know what I should do or just have some more ideas?

Bryan

Return to posts index

Jorma Nippala
Re: Registration Busted. Current Support Path?
on Sep 2, 2016 at 10:20:05 pm

Have you tried if the workaround mentioned in the thread linked below would work in your case as well?
https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/activation-of-new-purchase-...

Return to posts index

Bryan Brackin
on Sep 3, 2016 at 4:49:20 am

Hey Jorma...
Thanks for attempting to help out. I totally forgot that (out of desperation) I did try that registry hack approach already. I deleted the license key at:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > Sony Creative Software > Vegas Pro > 13.0 > License
to no avail. But, he was getting a different error than I am.
This may be a problem for anyone who hits their limiter unless and until MAGIX gets a better handle on the registration & activation support. I never heard back from my Sony fax, so I guess I have no choice left but to give one more business day for them to respond before seeking legal action.

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Sep 3, 2016 at 6:27:06 am

Hi,
I had before the -41 error after reinstall. According to the support teams answer, it was because I exhausted the possible number of activations.
They had reset it for me, so everything was fine afterwards.
I suggest you to contact Magix support.

Regards

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Sep 3, 2016 at 9:49:27 am

Hope you get this sorted out real soon with Magix.......

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Bryan Brackin
on Sep 3, 2016 at 1:59:24 pm

Thanks guys I will certainly update if I hear back from MAGIX or otherwise...

Return to posts index

Bryan Brackin
on Sep 6, 2016 at 9:30:52 pm

Well.. I thought I had fixed it myself by pressing SHIFT+WIN upon starting Vegas. I read somewhere that can restart the registration process? When I did that, it was able to complete the activation and run Vegas. Then, when checking email a little later I saw that MAGIX finally responded and reset the counter for me. Either way I'm good now.

I guess the moral to this story is be prepared to wait up to 5 days if you hit your limit, under the current support system MAGIX has in place.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]