FORUMS: list search recent posts

Insert text media not working

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Barnaby Winser
Insert text media not working
on Sep 1, 2016 at 7:54:46 pm

The "insert text media" button appears to be blanked out and therefore does nothing when clicked in Sony Vegas. Can I fix this?

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Insert text media not working
on Sep 1, 2016 at 8:14:50 pm

[Barnaby Winser] "Can I fix this?"
Try inserting a Track above Track 1. So T1 becomes T2 and in the new T1 Insert Text.

I note you have Ripple Edit applied.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Jorma Nippala
on Sep 1, 2016 at 8:31:35 pm

Click the video track header, not the audio one, to see what happens.

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Sep 1, 2016 at 8:54:12 pm

As Graham and Jorma have replied. I usually insert a new video track above the main video track for title/text. Then click on that track where I want the title/text to be inserted. The title/text inserted will then be superimposed on the video below.

If you click and select the main video track and insert title/text, the title/text will be inserted into the video track and the background will appear black. That may or may not be what you want.

And, as Graham points out, auto ripple may not the best setting for inserting title/text to be superimposed over a video, as it will move everything that is to the right of insertion the distance right equaling the width of the inserted title/text box, depending on your current ripple setting. If you insert a title/text at say, the beginning of you movie, and want everything pushed right to allow for the space required for the title/text box, then auto-ripple (all tracks, markers and regions) would be a good setting.

Best Regards.....George

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Sep 2, 2016 at 3:16:59 am

[Barnaby Winser] "The "insert text media" button appears to be blanked out and therefore does nothing when clicked in Sony Vegas. Can I fix this?"
Try selecting a Video track. You have an Audio track selected which is why all of the video menu options are grayed out. (i.e., you cannot insert Text Media on an audio track) The menu items are sensitive to the track that you have selected.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]