FORUMS: list search recent posts

Drivers for capturing HDV video from HDR FX-7

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Nacovitch
Drivers for capturing HDV video from HDR FX-7
on Aug 27, 2016 at 6:06:20 pm

Years back, I had issues capturing HDV video from my Sony HDR FX-7 camera to my computer. Somehow on this forum, I found a Dell driver...or something. Had Windows 7. It worked perfectly!!Now, Windows automatically uploaded Windows 10 to my computer and after filming a sporting event this morning..to my horror.. It does not recognize my camera at all.Any help would be appreciated!!

Mark

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
Re: Drivers for capturing HDV video from HDR FX-7
on Aug 27, 2016 at 7:23:01 pm

No idea if it works on Windows 10 but HDVSplit (google it, it's free) is the usual recommendation.

Return to posts index

Peter Holt
on Sep 3, 2016 at 2:58:56 pm

I used HDVsplit under winXP, years ago, to transfer a load of DV tapes in a Sony camcorder which then went on Ebay. It worked great, though obviously a slow process due to the real time playback.

There are easy hacks on the web to disable auto download of win10 (and the prompts for it, etc) and everybody should do this. If you are on win7-64 then you have everything ever needed for any video editing job and win10 gives you nothing of consequence and gives you a load of headaches.

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
on Sep 3, 2016 at 3:20:55 pm

Hi Peter

I will assume that you are transferring your video files via Firewire. If you are, have a look in your Windows Device Manager under IEEE 1394 (left arrow down) and see what driver you are running. If you see this exact wording: 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller and nothing else, then you may have to change your IEEE port drive to the Legacy version so that your camera is recognized by the computer and/or editing software. The proper one should show this: 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (Legacy)

Driver is available At Microsoft: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=44219

Don't mind the Win 8 / 8.1 header on the download page, I have used that driver on Win 10 version. Microsoft noticed this problem after Win 8 came out.

Cheers !

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]