FORUMS: list search recent posts

New lines in credit roll?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ein Benutzername
New lines in credit roll?
on Aug 25, 2016 at 8:42:11 pm

I wanted to make a credit roll but i got some problems with it. When I write a larger text and it's longer than the screen with, instead of automatically going to a new line it just continues the text out of the window. I haven't even found any way to make a new line by myself. Do I really have to make a new "text" to get to a new line? But then it automatically adds space between those texts. This is so annoying. Does anybody know how to add a new line inside one text?

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: New lines in credit roll?
on Aug 25, 2016 at 11:04:24 pm
Last Edited By Steve Rhoden on Aug 25, 2016 at 11:06:31 pm

I don't bother wasting time creating a credit crawl in Vegas... What i do is create in photoshop a still psd file with all the info,
say for example (1920 x 8640), then simply keyframe it from top to bottom in Vegas. Its a lot faster, simpler and
far more efficient.... Try that!

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Aug 26, 2016 at 12:47:06 am

+1 for Steve's approach.

wwaag

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Aug 26, 2016 at 5:42:24 am

Just as a sidenote:
In Vegas builtin creditroll it is possible adjust space between lines on the "styles" tab.

However, doing the way Steve suggested has another big advantage: it is possible to add to the credits pictures, logos, other graphical decorations, etc. which is impossible with creditroll in Vegas.
The way I did it once I needed a creditroll:
I made the whole thing with my word processor, then exported to pdf. Imported the pdf to Photoshop, added some effects and saved as transparent png.
This way it was much easyer for me to enter that lots of text, than input them right in Photoshop.

Regards

Return to posts index

Nigel O'Neill
on Aug 26, 2016 at 11:40:49 pm

The Vegas credit roll is not the most sophisticated.

I do up my credits in Excel, being careful about line length.

I then simply copy and paste (multiple row is possible) from Excel to the credit roll. I don't have problems with extra line spaces and have used this technique to copy a list of 400 names which I didn't want to retype or copy and paste line by line.

My system specs: Intel i7 970, GTX570, 12GB RAM, ASUS P6T, Vegas Pro 12 (x64), Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, Vegas Production Assistant 1.0, VASST Ultimate S Pro 4.1, Neat Video Pro 2.6

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]