FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to increase audio gain above 12 db

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harris Majeed
How to increase audio gain above 12 db
on Aug 23, 2016 at 3:29:58 pm

Hey guys, i need some help with Sony Vegas. I'm trying to increase the audio gain of a track/clip in Sony Vegas above 15 d.b, i tried the equalizer but it's too complicated, isn't there a way to just increase the audio gain without limitations?

Return to posts index

László Kovács
Re: How to increase audio gain above 12 db
on Aug 23, 2016 at 7:47:45 pm

Hi,
first you could try to normalize your audio. (Right click the audio, select swicthes, and look for "normalize").
This will adjust the volume to the maximum that can be done without distortion.

Other approach is to add volume envelope and drag it upwards, you can gain so +6dB (That's +18dB with the track volume).
Press shift+V when the audio track is selected, or select the insert menu/audio envelopes.

You can also apply "non realtime FX", and add "volume", so you can have another +6dB gain (you can apply multiple times).
And probably there are other ways, which I'm not aware right now.

And at last, but not at least, you can apply "track compressor" (It's possible both to event, or track,but you need only one - track FX's already have compressor by default, you just need to switch it on).
For start, you can set threshold to -20dB, amount to 10, attack to 0, release to 200 msec, auto gain and smooth sat. to true. This will give you kind of automatic gain on your audio track, of course you'll need to tweak it to your needs. The above settings I described are very drastical ;)

Kind regards

Return to posts index

rosh kadri
on Aug 25, 2016 at 2:00:28 am

What Laszlo said plus a couple more:

-Apply the volume plugin
-Duplicate the file onto a new track as many times as you need, for windows hold down Ctrl, left mouse button and drag to new track

Return to posts index

Harris Majeed
on Aug 25, 2016 at 11:10:41 am

Thanks Rosh,

I got it to work, i didn't have to make multiple tracks. All i had to do was put multiple "Volume" FX's on one audio clip

Return to posts index

rosh kadri
on Aug 25, 2016 at 2:18:54 pm

You're welcome, that's a nice idea too.

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Aug 25, 2016 at 7:14:26 pm

The above example nicely shows, in Vegas there's no ultimate way to do something.
There's always another way :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]