FORUMS: list search recent posts

Gaussian Blur text effect unusably slow in ProType Titler

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Guðmundur Sigmundsson
Gaussian Blur text effect unusably slow in ProType Titler
on Aug 23, 2016 at 11:30:07 am

Hello,

I kind of like the effect where I use gaussian blur to "fade in/out" titles in my Vegas 13 pro projects.

Usually I input some title and then activate the gaussian blur effect. Using keyframes I take both the horizontal and vertical attributes from 100 down to 0.... and then from 0 to 100 once again when I want the text to disappear.

The thing is that this process really pulls down my performance.
Intel i7 4770K
16GB RAM
Nvidia 1070
250GB SSD
Windows 10.

I mean it really halts to almost complete stop. If I try to do something as basic as maybe higlighting one character I have to wait up to half a minute just for the program to respond. If I turn off the gaussian blur effect everything is smooth and stable again.

This also happened when I had earlier Vegas Pro 12 version. When I were running with AMD 6550 GPU and when I was using Windows 8.1.

I´m usually working with 4K footage and 4K timeline. The text is therefore using that resolution.

Has anyone else experienced this behaviour. ProType Titler is borderline useless for gaussian blur effect with this behaviour. Cannot beleive a "simple" task as text rendering should take my machine down. A machine that can preview 4K filmconvert grading effects in real-time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]