FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reputable camcorder dealers

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron Koms
Reputable camcorder dealers
on Aug 19, 2016 at 6:33:41 pm

Ready to buy a new camcorder. Does anyone here have any experience buying from "42nd Street Photo"?
1-888-810-4242 is their number...
Thanks,
Ron

Return to posts index

Jeff Schroeder
Re: Reputable camcorder dealers
on Aug 19, 2016 at 9:56:03 pm

I have had exceptional success with B and H photo-video at https://www.bhphotovideo.com/

Dell Precission 7810 with 2-Intel Xeon E5-2630, 32GB DDR4, GTX 750Ti 2GB, Windows 10, Vegas 13 x64, Hitfilm Pro 4 w/Ignite

Return to posts index

Nigel O'Neill
on Aug 19, 2016 at 11:21:24 pm

[Jeff Schroeder] " I have had exceptional success with B and H photo-video "

I couldn't agree more, and I live in Australia! Their pricing is much lower than what I can get locally, even after freight charges and taxes. Check out their second-hand section because often you get good bargains there. I scored two compact flash recorders (for recording via 1394) for the price of 1! There was nothing wrong with them except they were returned by buyers who had changed their mind.

My system specs: Intel i7 970, GTX570, 12GB RAM, ASUS P6T, Vegas Pro 12 (x64), Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, Vegas Production Assistant 1.0, VASST Ultimate S Pro 4.1, Neat Video Pro 2.6

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Aug 20, 2016 at 12:27:42 am

I buy all of my video gear from B&H Photo. They are at every NAB show and are well respected in the industry and have great prices and fast shipping.

As a member of the Creative COW you should support those merchants that make it possible for you to have this forum for free. B&H Photo is not only one of the best merchants you will encounter, but they are also a supporter of the Creative COW and as such, you should show your gratitude by giving them your business.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

Nigel O'Neill
on Aug 20, 2016 at 2:47:09 am

[John Rofrano] "B&H Photo is not only one of the best merchants you will encounter, but they are also a supporter of the Creative COW "

I didn't realise that. Good to know!

My system specs: Intel i7 970, GTX570, 12GB RAM, ASUS P6T, Vegas Pro 12 (x64), Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, Vegas Production Assistant 1.0, VASST Ultimate S Pro 4.1, Neat Video Pro 2.6

Return to posts index

Ron Koms
on Aug 20, 2016 at 5:28:25 am

I agree that B&H Photo is VERY VERY good. I've made MANY purchases from them in the past. But the SAME camcorder is $200 cheaper at 42nd Street Photo. Just wondering if anyone has ever bought from them? I haven't ruled out B&H Photo yet though...
Sony FDR-AX100
$1698 vs $1499
Ron

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Aug 20, 2016 at 1:02:22 pm

For those, who may be here from Europe, one4av.com may worth a look...
They are located in Austria, but ship to anywhere I guess.
I bought my camera there, shipped within a week.

Return to posts index

Nigel O'Neill
on Aug 20, 2016 at 11:30:03 pm

[Ron Koms] "the SAME camcorder is $200 cheaper at 42nd Street Photo"

Do they price match in the US? In Australia, the big retailers will often price match or even beat other reputable retailers on price. I will often bring in a brochure or a quote from another retailer. I always haggle on price and never pay retail.

Return to posts index

Scott Francis
on Aug 20, 2016 at 10:03:16 pm

I will echo the B&H comments, they are very good!!
I have also worked with Adorama, Full Compass with equally good results!

Good Luck!

Xavier (Scott) Francis
Mind's Eye Audio/Video Productions

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Aug 21, 2016 at 2:35:57 pm

https://www.yelp.com/biz/378-5th-photo-corp-new-york-2

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index