FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recommended Monitor

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron Whitaker
Recommended Monitor
on Aug 13, 2016 at 11:56:21 pm

Does anyone have a good monitor to recommend for video editing using Vegas?

I believe John Rofrano some time ago recommended an Asus.

I'd like something in the 21" - 24" size range.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: Recommended Monitor
on Aug 14, 2016 at 1:39:33 pm

[Ron Whitaker] "I believe John Rofrano some time ago recommended an Asus."
My two ASUS ProArt PA246Q's are still going strong. I didn't sell them with my 6-Core PC and I use them now as the primary monitor on my 2008 Mac Pro 8-Core and the secondary monitor my 2010 Mac Pro 12-Core. They are both 5 years old now and I've had no issues at all. I can highly recommend them. Obviously they don't make this model after 5 years but whatever they replaced it with should be great.

They came pre-calibrated from the factory and shipped with a printout of the calibration report. I keep them calibrated with my Spyder 5 Pro but they were set up accurately from the factory. I've been very happy with them.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

Ron Whitaker
on Aug 14, 2016 at 2:20:44 pm

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Aug 15, 2016 at 1:40:14 am

I use a couple of 24" Dell U2412M IPS monitors. I've had them for about 4 years now and they are still available, although about $100 less now--$260 at B&H.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=829236&gclid=CKvl-q...

They were pretty spot-on accurate upon delivery. I've calibrated them since using a Spyder colorimeter, but afterward could see no difference. They're 1900 x 1200 with analog, dvi, and display port outputs--no HDMI. They also have USB ports which can be pretty handy. I believe Dell sells newer versions. All in all I've been very pleased.

You might consider a UHD display, although at the moment Vegas 13 does not work very well and some have had to revert back to using 1920 x 1080 which kinda defeats the purpose of UHD. Hopefully, those issues will be addressed in the upcoming version of Vegas from Magix.

wwaag

Return to posts index

David Shirey
on Aug 15, 2016 at 4:41:42 pm

Although I never buy Dell computers, I've been a fan of their monitors for a while, especially since IPS came out. Still have my 24" but if I do switch to a larger 1440p in the future I'll probably go with Dell again.

Return to posts index

Ron Carlton
on Aug 16, 2016 at 2:01:09 am

Sony Vegas Pro 13 does not play well with a 4K monitor, if you decide to go that route. Tool buttons are extremely small, almost unusable.

Return to posts index

David Shirey
on Aug 16, 2016 at 8:12:01 pm

Ron makes a good point that there's really no benefit to more pixels if you're happy with how things look at the size monitor you have. I like how 1920x1200 looks at 24" so I'd only go 1440p if I were moving to maybe a 26", and I wouldn't think of 4k unless I was going at least 30", which would require me clearing all these ancient DVD/Blu-Ray copy towers off my desk.

Return to posts index

Nigel O'Neill
on Aug 16, 2016 at 12:31:25 pm

I am currently looking at a 27" Benq SW2700PT IPS Adobe RGB Color Management Monitor. It's a bit pricey, but rated as a reasonable monitor for photo and video editing

My system specs: Intel i7 970, GTX570, 12GB RAM, ASUS P6T, Vegas Pro 12 (x64), Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, Vegas Production Assistant 1.0, VASST Ultimate S Pro 4.1, Neat Video Pro 2.6

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]