FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blur transition assist

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Richard
Blur transition assist
on Aug 10, 2016 at 2:01:06 am

I'm trying to add a transition to my video. I have a still image with some text over it opening up the clip, it lasts about 10 seconds, and I want the clip to start out with it blurred, then have it unblur to where it is clear.

I have found a lot of articles on how to use blur, but haven't come across one yet that tells you how to smoothly come out of a blur.

Maybe its so simple nobody felt the need to put up a tutorial, but it's got me stumped.

Thank you for any pointers you might have

Return to posts index

Bruce Richard
Re: Blur transition assist
on Aug 10, 2016 at 2:08:30 am

Using Vegas 13 pro, left that part out.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Aug 10, 2016 at 2:59:04 am

Maybe its so simple nobody felt the need to put up a tutorial, but it's got me stumped.

It's pretty simple. Add whatever blur FX you want to use. In the pan/crop FX window, click the animate button. It usually looks like a clock. Then adjust the amount of blur you want at specific points along the timeline. Each time you make an adjustment, a keyframe will be added. Just try it and you will see what the keyframes icons look like. Once you're happy, close the FX window and preview. If you adjust the blur to some value at the beginning of the event and then zero at the end, it will gradually change from blurred to sharp. Just play around with it awhile and you will see how easy it is. Hope this helps. Good luck.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Aug 10, 2016 at 3:23:55 am

Found this on YT for you. It explains Blur over time:

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Bruce Richard
on Aug 10, 2016 at 3:27:00 am

Thank you Wayne. Yes, I just want a pretty simple straight forward sharpening all the way to sharp. Ending about halfway through the static image (which is about 10 seconds long), so, about five seconds long in this case. I'll play with it when I get back on my workstation.

Sounds pretty straight forward.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Aug 10, 2016 at 4:56:14 am

Like most everything, once you know how, it's pretty easy. It's just getting there that's the problem--something we all struggle with at times. That's really the beauty of this forum.

wwaag

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]