FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas pro 13 - effect properties and ctrl - mousewheel (did I find another bug?)

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
László Kovács
Vegas pro 13 - effect properties and ctrl - mousewheel (did I find another bug?)
on Aug 4, 2016 at 7:12:19 am

Sorry about bothering you again with my complaints.
In Vegas pro 10 I used to use mouse wheel and ctrl - mousewheel to adjust some effect properties, like gaussian blur horizontal and vertical ranges. In V13 this does not work, or something is misconfigured here.
For example, if I hover the mouse over the slider of gaussian blur in VP10, a mousewheel-up increases the value by 0,1, a mousewheel-down decreases. Ctrl-mousewheel increases/decreases by 0,001.
So it is fast and convenient to set up the desired blur amount. (Much easier to finetune, than dragging the slider)
In VP13 however, mouswheel works only upwards.
So, a mouseswheel up increases the value by 0,1 and a ctrl-mousewheel up increases by 0,01.
It should be 0,001 I think, as 0,01 is too coarse IMHO.
But even worse, that mousewheel down doesnt work at all.
Can you confirm this behavior?
Thanks.

Best regards

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Vegas pro 13 - effect properties and ctrl - mousewheel (did I find another bug?)
on Aug 4, 2016 at 10:07:54 am

[László Kovács] "But even worse, that mousewheel down doesnt work at all."
Working in Gaussian Blur.

Yes, that last decimal place Mouesewheel is AWOL. I moved on. You can Ctlr+Drag Slider if you don't want to add numbers manually? I experiment with that 10,000th adjustment manually, if I want to gauge if it makes any difference at all.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

László Kovács
Re: Vegas pro 13 - effect properties and ctrl - mousewheel (did I find another bug?)
on Aug 4, 2016 at 10:25:33 am

I took the blur just as an example, because today I experienced this with it while tweaking.
But other effects behave similar :)
Thanks for the ctrl-drag hint. That does the job as well.
Usually I don't care too much for the numbers, just look at the picture and make the preset visually.
I'd need the numbers only to apply the exact same preset elsewhere, but for that there are other techniques (paste event attributes, or save and load effect properties presets)

Best regards

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]