FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Open copy in Sound Forge" crashes Vegas

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Francis
"Open copy in Sound Forge" crashes Vegas
on Aug 3, 2016 at 1:42:33 pm

Hey all,

Using Vegas Pro 13, and every time I tried to take a video clip's audio into Sound Forge (as a copy, right click, etc)
Vegas instantly crashes. I am able to edit the audio in SF and save it, but then I have open Vegas again, and import it and group it with the video clip.
Anyone else having this issues? Resolutions to the problem?

Thanks is advance!

Xavier (Scott) Francis
Mind's Eye Audio/Video Productions

Return to posts index

László Kovács
Re: "Open copy in Sound Forge" crashes Vegas
on Aug 3, 2016 at 2:06:23 pm

Hi,

Right here and now it works for me.
Right click audio/open copy in soundforge XP
An the Vegas creates a Take2.wav, opens SF. After processing in SF I have the audio as another take on the timeline.

Note, that I have only Soundforge Audio studio 10.0 build 245.
Not the real Soundforge.

Best Regards

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Aug 3, 2016 at 2:14:38 pm

Confirm you have SF path in Preferences set correctly.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Aug 3, 2016 at 3:18:19 pm

Works fine here as well. Try simply rendering the same audio event from your timeline using the correct wav template. If that crashes as well, then there is a problem with your recorded audio. If not, then at least you know your audio is OK.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Scott Francis
on Aug 3, 2016 at 3:45:46 pm

Thanks all!

I have SF set as my audio editor in preferences (it actually comes up "open in audio editor" if you do not).
Of course there are work arounds, but it defeats the purpose of being able to do this in one move instead of two or three.

Of course I have had this issue for days, and now it doesn't present itself today, after I post here!! LOL

However, it does give me an error when I try to save the file in SF.... weird.

Actually, now that I think about it, the file that was giving me this issue was an AVCHD file format, and today it is an MP4 file format....hmmmmm

I had issue with this prior as well, when I would bring clips into SF, they would play at about half speed and pitch. I think an update to SVP 13 fixed that bug..

This also has happened on multiple systems...

Thanks again!

Xavier (Scott) Francis

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Aug 3, 2016 at 4:52:16 pm

Given the multitude of problems you are having, my suspicion is that the problem lies with your source material--not Vegas or Sound Forge. For example, screen recordings are notorious for producing these types of issues. This forum is full of such complaints. You can also have problems with video recorded from a camera phone.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Scott Francis
on Aug 3, 2016 at 6:27:44 pm

I shoot with pro cameras. The one that is AVCHD is a Canon XA10, and my others are Canon XA 20's and 25's.
They ARE long clips (over an hour each) so that may also have something to do with them.
I am working with 4 individual camera angles (all on their own tracks) and also a live edit feed (MOV) from an ATOMOS Ninja 2 coming from a Blackmagic ATEM Switcher, so 5 video tracks total.
So given the various formats (AVCHD, MP4 and MOV), that COULD be it. In addition I am working with about 10 additional audio clips (WAV) that are mixes of the entire pit orchestra and also individual and group dialog.
I have had issues before however, with crashes doing this same thing, when there were minimal formats used.
I hope Magix give us all a little more stability (in my opinion) with Vegas. I can say that I save VERY often, and usually after any big edits, because I have had SO MANY Vegas crashes in my 7 versions of using it.
I use a Contour Shuttle Pro and the second most used button is SAVE!!

Thanks again everyone!

Xavier (Scott) Francis

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]