FORUMS: list search recent posts

utvideo Not Working In Vegas Pro 13

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gerry Corcoran
utvideo Not Working In Vegas Pro 13
on Jul 29, 2016 at 12:44:59 am

Hey everyone! I've used Lagarith happily for a long time but am starting to record lossless footage in OBS Studio, which uses the utvideo lossless codec. Without the codec, videos appear black & white in Vegas Pro 13. I've seen a lot of Vegas users talking about using utvideo but I can't get it working and I have no idea why. I've downloaded the latest release which is 16.1.1 and installed it but I get the same results in Vegas Pro 13, videos using that codec appear in black and white. I am using the 64-bit version of Vegas Pro but there's only one installer for utvideo, it's supposed to support 64-bit and it does install to C:\Program Files instead of C:\Program Files (x86), usually an indication it's 64-bit.

Are there any additional steps needed to get this running in Vegas Pro 13 I'm not aware of? Thanks all!

Gerry Corcoran/Parallax Abstraction
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
http://www.geekbravado.com | youtube.com/PXAbstraction | twitch.tv/PXAbstraction

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: utvideo Not Working In Vegas Pro 13
on Jul 29, 2016 at 1:24:35 am

I've used the UT Video codec in the past without any problems. Just to make sure that it is installed properly, open any Vegas project and then open the Render dialog box, and select Video for Windows (.avi). Select any template, then customize and see if the UT Video codec shows up. You could even try a test render and then re-import it back into Vegas. My suspicion is that it's a problem with OBS. I've never used it, but have seen many complaints when footage from OBS is imported into Vegas. Perhaps someone successfully using OBS in Vegas could offer some help. Good luck.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Gerry Corcoran
on Jul 29, 2016 at 1:52:51 am

The previous release of OBS was notorious for recording issues (something I can attest to) but the new OBS Studio has improved that quite a bit. I have posted something in their forums as well but haven't gotten any major help yet.

So I can indeed render out as utvideo but unlike Lagarith, the preview window and indeed when I render with MainConcept which is what I usually use, has this weird colour problem. It's extra strange because there are some sections of the video where there...

Gerry Corcoran/Parallax Abstraction
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
http://www.geekbravado.com | youtube.com/PXAbstraction | twitch.tv/PXAbstraction

Return to posts index

Roger Kroksleiven
on Aug 2, 2016 at 6:22:03 pm
Last Edited By Roger Kroksleiven on Aug 2, 2016 at 6:23:41 pm

I have used OBS Studio clips in Vegas, but only with the x264 encoder. When I imported my clips into Vegas, the audio was gone. My solution was to remux the raw clip using the built in OBS Remuxer, found under "File" and then "Remux Recordings".
You could try doing this with your utvideo clips to see if it solves the problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]