FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to stabilize a part of a clip

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kyle Le
how to stabilize a part of a clip
on Jul 24, 2016 at 4:45:42 am

how do i stabilize a part of a clip from a longer clip without the whole thing stabilized

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: how to stabilize a part of a clip
on Jul 24, 2016 at 6:58:05 am

Split off the wobbly piece and use Stabilize. Is there something further we should know?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Kyle Le
on Jul 24, 2016 at 8:43:11 am

there are some parts of the clip that i dont want stabilized. but when i split it or do remove from it still stabializes the whole thing

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jul 24, 2016 at 9:42:20 am

Are using the SONY Stabilize Fx?

* Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Aleksey Tarasov
on Jul 24, 2016 at 9:42:38 am

Split off the wobbly piece, make subclip, and use Stabilize...

Return to posts index

Eric Clinch
on Jul 24, 2016 at 9:43:54 am

You could try making a copy of the clip with a different name. Stabilise the original but not the copy. Split each and use parts from each.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jul 24, 2016 at 9:51:52 am

Now I've done the heavy lifting, do what the others said. I'm done here.

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Jul 24, 2016 at 5:25:55 pm

Create a subclip. Stabilize that.

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Jul 24, 2016 at 6:11:03 pm

Hi Kyle,

The easiest way is most likely as Paul suggest, make your splits, then create a sub-clip of the part you want to stabilize, stabilize it, then delete the original part you split and replace it with the sub-clip.

I'm sure you realize when you apply stabilization the end result will be zoomed in compared to the original. Depending on where you make your splits (cuts) and how much stabilization you apply, the jump from the non-stabilized section to the stabilized section and back again, may be quite jarring. Best to find a scene change to make the splits on.

Best Regards.......George

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Jul 24, 2016 at 10:14:38 pm

The only problem with such a simplistic approach is that your stabilized clip with most likely be zoomed in a bit or a lot, depending upon its motion. The result will likely be an immediate "zoom in" and "zoom out" at the subclips borders. The newest version of the Mercalli stabilizer enables a gradual transition in and out. Likewise, the venerable Deshaker script always leaves the first and end frames intact so that the transitions will always be smooth. For that reason, it's best to stabilize at the "natural" start and end of an event, rather than simply created a subclip. However, I'd certainly give it a try, since it's certainly easier than either use of Mercalli or Deshaker.

wwaag

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]