FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas Pro14 and scripts and plug ins

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Jones
Vegas Pro14 and scripts and plug ins
on Jul 23, 2016 at 10:17:30 am

It is now clear that there will be a problem in transferring scripts into ythe new Vegas 14 --- see the following thread in the Vegas Pro forum and read my cautionary note of 20 July:-

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/forums/showmessage.asp?messageid=947640

Will this same problem apply to our other Plug Ins (e.g. Pro Dad, New Blue, FbMN and the Vasst Fasst additions)? If so, how do we expect the suppliers to deal with the problem and is it likely that we might be charged to bring their products into use in Vegas 14?

This uncertainty has stood in the way of my accepting the generous offer made by Magix (i.e. buy Vegas 13 and have a free upgrade to Vegas 14 when it is issued). Incidentally, I wonder if we shall be able to upgrade from Vegas 12 to 14 if we don't accept this offer --- we have always been able to do this sort of "skipped" upgrade in the past.

Richard

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Vegas Pro14 and scripts and plug ins
on Jul 23, 2016 at 11:52:43 am

Good questions Richard.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Jul 23, 2016 at 3:29:55 pm

My suspicion (just a WAG) is that the professional packages you mention will make the necessary changes. It may take some time, but new versions will be released if the judgment is made that it is worthwhile to the developers bottom line. Who knows? IMHO, the greatest risk will be on those "home grown" scripts and extensions that many of us use and consider invaluable--e.g. the Debugmode Frameserver, where the developer has abandoned the project.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jul 24, 2016 at 9:53:15 am

Yes Wayne, indeed.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Edward Troxel
on Aug 6, 2016 at 4:56:13 pm

Richard, only scripts would be affected by this changes. So effects (i.e. NewBlue and ProDad) would continue to work fine as they are OpenFX and do not rely on scripting. Scripts (such as Excalibur and VasstFasst) will all need to be updated.

Edward Troxel

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]