FORUMS: list search recent posts

Emulating the zoom system of Camtasia Editor in VEGAS - a script that copy the last keyframe and add a new one (1 second later)

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Xavier Dolz
Emulating the zoom system of Camtasia Editor in VEGAS - a script that copy the last keyframe and add a new one (1 second later)
on Jul 22, 2016 at 8:31:20 am

Hi
I'm trying to do animated zooms in the way Camtasia Editor is doing for videotutorials. In Camtasia, you never insert a single keyframe, you always insert two keyframes. Why two keyframes? Very simple.

Let's imagine you have a keyframe A in the minute 1
Let's imagine you do a zoom inserting a new keyframe in the minute 4
Your zoom will be very slow, it will expand from minute 1 to minute 4 (3 minutes of slow animated zoom)

Now let's imagine you want to add a zoom in the minute 4... but you only want it takes a second
Then, you will have your keyframe A in the minute 1
In the minute 4, you have to add, again a new keyframe (but you won't zoom the screen) you only add a copy of the keyframe A, so again, you add the keyframe A
Now, you move the cursor 1 second to the right, and now yes, you insert the new keyframe B (which contains the zoom)
So basically you wont have keyframe A to B, what you have is keyframe A (1 min) to A (4 min) to B (1 second later)

So basically, I need a script that to the following
Copy and paste the last keyframe used and add, 1 second later, a new keyframe

Could you help me with this please?
This script would save my life

Cheers

Return to posts index

Xavier Dolz
Re: Emulating the zoom system of Camtasia Editor in VEGAS - a script that copy the last keyframe and add a new one (1 second later)
on Jul 24, 2016 at 2:07:04 pm

No replies? Is this impossible?

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: Emulating the zoom system of Camtasia Editor in VEGAS - a script that copy the last keyframe and add a new one (1 second later)
on Jul 24, 2016 at 3:17:40 pm

Of course, it can be done. The question is whether anyone is willing to make the effort to create that script. What you are asking for is really pretty simple and can already be accomplished with just a few keystrokes. Right-click, copy the keyframe, run the script I provided you in an earlier thread to move cursor 1 sec, click the pan/crop window to regain focus, hit the insert button to create new keyframe, and then Ctrl-v to paste the keyframe--no more than a few seconds.

Moreover, your lack of any acknowledgement for "saving your life" last time makes me, for one, reluctant to provide such assistance in the future since creating scripts does take time and effort. Perhaps someone else may be willing. Even better--take the time to learn to cobble together the script yourself, like many of us have done. Good luck.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Xavier Dolz
on Jul 24, 2016 at 4:02:09 pm

Hi wwaag, it's all clear, you don't want to help, fine. You are not obligated, however this question was directed to the forum, not just to you exclusively. This forum is big... it has many members...

Regarding moral lesson (you can do as we did, you can learn yourself, etc.) A forum is to give help for those who want to give help in the measure they want to give help, but not for beg. We all already have the users manual, but we all still using the forum. As soon we beg or supplicate, we reduce the human condition. Colaborate, help yes. Beg, never. There are different moral views to understand the problem.

Additionally, I consider important to clarify several things of why this script is very important.
Again, this is not exclusively to you and I am not willing to convince you, this is to anyone that read this and is willing to help.

- This script would help MILLIONS OF PEOPLE uploading videotutorials to youtube.
- Actually any video editing software in the world works with a double keyframe system.
- Copying and pasting keyframes manually, involve around 5 to 10 seconds in each operation. For a videotutorial with around 200 zooms... we have (in the bast case) 5 seconds x 200 zooms = 1000 seconds. That would be 16 minutes wasted in video editing. That is copy, paste, press ctrl + c, press ctrl +v again... press ctrl + c, press ctrl +v again... press ctrl + c, press ctrl +v again... press ctrl + c, press ctrl +v again... press ctrl + c, press ctrl +v again... and so on.
- With the double keyframe system you would save those 16 minutes.
- Having in mind videotutorials need to use extensively the zoom feature, we are talking about hours and hours of video editing

To understand why a double keyframe system works better for videotutorials is very necessary to take a look to this picture.

- Camtasia never insert a single keyframe. In other words, when you insert a keyframe in Camtasia, you would never have an odd number, you always have an even number.
- And why groups of two? To have zooms already created with a fixed period of time (very useful for videotutorials). Here this start (1) Here this end (2)...

To understand this better and see how it save time in the workflow, please, watch this video.

For those willing to help, just remind this statistics:
- There are 400 million videos in Youtube
- Many of them are videotutorials

Just think about how a script of this kind could help the global VEGAS community

Cheers

Return to posts index

Marco Baer
on Jul 24, 2016 at 5:08:44 pm

I think I understand why double-keyframes are useful because I also make video tutorials.

I can't help coding a script but actually – for the way I work – I didn't really needed it. Such a script or any kind of automation would apply a fixed duration/speed to the zoom which isn't what I needed. I want duration/speed to be dependend on sizes (of start and end position) and content. So this method whould need me to touch and move one of the double-keyframe again to modify zoom speed.

My workflow is to manually set first keyframe where zoom starts (by pressing "Insert" key). Then moving cursor to where zooms will end and applying the zoom here, which automatically will insert a new keyframe. It's a two-second-workflow (including the zoom) while preserving my need to individually select zoom speeds.

I find this way isn't slower nor does it take more steps to apply desired zooming with desired speed.

Return to posts index

Xavier Dolz
on Jul 24, 2016 at 10:16:21 pm

Hi Marco, I can demonstrate you the way you suggest is slower with a chronometer. In fact, it is 13 seconds slower, to add the workflow you use. 13 seconds, for every zoom.
I don't know what kind of videotutorials you upload to youtube, but, for large videotutorials (3 hours or video or more) we can be talking about 400 or 500 zooms. We are talking about a delay of 45 minutes or even more per video, adding keyframes.
If you want me to, I'll be glad to upload a video in the following conditions.
Camtasia, on the left side, applying a zoom.
Vegas on the right side, applying a zoom by inserting manually all the keyframes.
And the clock on each sides, to see the delay.
You'll see VEGAS is 13 seconds slower or even more.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Jul 24, 2016 at 10:26:08 pm

What I don't understand is that if using Camtasia is so much quicker, then why not use it? I do a lot of stills animation and while it could be done in Vegas by writing many special purpose scripts, it's much faster to use software specifically designed for that purpose, in my case, Proshow Producer. I'm sure that the latest versions of Camtasia enables you to render to a format which could be imported easily into Vegas--at least the older versions of Camtasia supported that.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Xavier Dolz
on Jul 24, 2016 at 11:13:45 pm

why not to use it?

Some reasons here:
  • Closed system. You never would have Boris red, Newblue FX, etc.
  • Camtasia produce a .trec file, a closed system you wouldn't be able to open anywhere. You cannot export your timeline from Camtasia to VEGAS.
  • A closed system won't allow you to do justified text... if you produce a videotutorial and you have to explain things, you have to present the things nicely, justification is something you wouldn't find in Camtasia. With VEGAS, you have thousands of plugins doing this. Using a close system as Camtasia, have those problems.
  • By the way, Camtasia 32 bits, VEGAS 64 bits...
  • Camtasia, zero options to correct the color of your movies, VEGAS, all the options, nice plugins... For gamers for example, uploading videos to youtube, they need color correction, you wouldn't find that in Camtasia...
  • And the latest versions from Camtasia 8.6 (don't dream with a major update, we are waiting 3 years... 3 long years...) won't allow you to export to VEGAS. Camtasia use a propietary codec tsc2 and it cannot be used with third party applications (again, it is a closed system). After many complains from the customers, version 8.6 added the capability to extract media streams from TREC recordings. However, you will find only a video file, you won't find the applied zooms, and so on, so we cannot export the timeline.
  • Callouts and titles are the same in Camtasia the last 3 years, with VEGAS you can use New Blue Titler Pro 4 and do amazing things that captivate the audience and create amazing videos.

Camtasia is so old, that videos looks "hicks" (sorry).

These are just some reasons... if we continue we can have a bigger list...

We have to use it, because we have the dual keyframe system and there are no options outside to finally be free and jump to other platform. It is sad. If we all have the same keyframe system in VEGAS, for sure people would jump immediately.

And finally, why not a new release in 3 years? That is a big mistery.

Return to posts index

Marco Baer
on Jul 24, 2016 at 10:51:09 pm

Not sure how it could be 13 seconds slower if it only takes me 2 seconds.

Return to posts index

Xavier Dolz
on Jul 24, 2016 at 11:15:34 pm

Can you demonstrate that with a video?
I am willing to see those 2 seconds.

I can demonstrate with a video (if you want) that you need at least 13 seconds.
But please, be precise, use chronometer to measure the time it takes you to apply those keyframes.

Return to posts index

Marco Baer
on Jul 24, 2016 at 11:22:38 pm

You are right, it's more than 2 seconds. It is 7 seconds and it includes zooming and positioning which itself takes 4 seconds. See here.

Return to posts index

Xavier Dolz
on Jul 24, 2016 at 11:31:06 pm

Do you see? and in your video you are placing the cursor position by clicking with your mouse, thing that is not always suitable. When you have a complex and big timeline you need to zoom or reduce the timeline (not the video) and then, moving the cursor just 1 second is not always so easy.
Anyway, we have 7 seconds.
In camtasia 1 second.
We have 6 extra seconds.
For a large project with 400 zooms, for example... 400 x 6 seconds = 2400 seconds / 60 second (which are 1 minute) = 40 minutes.
With your workflow, a timeline using 4000 zooms, would need 40 minutes.
With Camtasia, it would need only 400 seconds, which are 400 / 60 seconds (which are 1 minute) = 6 minutes.

As a result:
A project in Camtasia with 400 zooms takes 6 minutes
A project in VEGAS with 400 zooms, take 40 minutes.
We have wasted 34 extra minutes (half an hour).

I upload many videos to Youtube, and really, I suffer a lot this.
Thanks for doing the video ;)

Return to posts index

Xavier Dolz
on Jul 24, 2016 at 11:34:31 pm

With your workflow, a timeline using 4000 zooms, would need 40 minutes.
With Camtasia, it would need only 400 seconds, which are 400 / 60 seconds (which are 1 minute) = 6 minutes.

Sorry I meant...

With your workflow, a timeline using 400 zooms, would need 40 minutes.
With Camtasia, it would need only... 400 zooms, 400 zooms x 1 = 400, so 400 zooms take 400 seconds, which are 400 / 60 seconds (which are 1 minute) = 6 minutes.

Return to posts index

Marco Baer
on Jul 24, 2016 at 11:44:00 pm

You are correct about the fact in Vegas Pro you'd always need to set focus to the Pan/Crop or Trackanimation timeline first and especially for using screen recordings (which usually are longer clips) most of the time it would need extra zooming of the timeline. Both of them I didn't do in my demo video and it would take several seconds additionally.

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Jul 25, 2016 at 12:43:21 am

Hi Xavier,

Perhaps I can help, although I do understand this may be taking a risk. "Hi wwaag, it's all clear, you don't want to help", just an observation, you might be cutting off your nose to spite your face,. Wayne didn't say he didn't want to help, he replied he was reluctant to provide help, for what appears to be good cause. He did 'save your life" providing a script and instructions in a previous post request you made. No one else did, Wayne did, and you have never replied and provided any acknowledge of Thank You for his help.

A gracious and sincere Thank You would go a long way to establish a relationship with others who you ask to help when you are in need. I'm pretty broad minded and thick skinned, but I think Wayne's reply was reasonable and respectful, yet you responded to that with a bit of an attitude.

Please, I hope you will not take my comments above personally, as I offer them in a helpful spirit. For the short two years I have been visiting this forum, Wayne has always been respectful, and very helpful to me and others as well as you. Maybe his factual reply caught you off guard, at a bad moment. Perhaps you would consider rereading it in a new light. I'm sure you really did appreciate the script and instructions he provided you earlier this month. Taking the time to offer some recognition may go a long way. No insults intended, just an opinion from another member who may also want help on scripting in the future, as well.

Best Regards.......George

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Jul 25, 2016 at 5:44:53 am

@George
Thanks so much for the kind words although completely unnecessary. I must say, however, that you hit the proverbial nail on the head. I've really enjoyed being of help to others like so many of the "gurus" have helped me. One thing I've learned is that simple common courtesy goes a long way. No accolades--just a simple "thanks". I've always been appreciative of others who have helped me and as such, I think I can count on asking them again in the future when the need arises. But like the OP, others don't share this view. Fortunately, they are in the minority. Again, thanks.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Xavier Dolz
on Jul 25, 2016 at 9:28:13 am

@George
It's cool friends support each other in the forum. I don't want to talk about different things about what is indicated in the topic. Reluctant (plus) telling I should learn scripting, (in my opinion) reveal the intention that is not interested to help, which is very legitimate. As I said, everyone help in the measure they consider in the forum, so anyone is obligated.
Let's focus in the problem and the whole community, not me, you, waag, etc. The problem still open. It has been demonstrated that doing zoom for videotutorials (with a fixed time) in VEGAS involve 7 seconds or more, which takes a lot of time for large projects. It has been demonstrated with a video that inserting the keyframes manually is very slow and reduce dramatically the editing performance.
If someone want to help giving the whole community a script, it will be very welcome. I will be glad to use it, because I really need this script, but I suspect also, thousands and thousands of people using VEGAS and uploading videos to youtube, they, will also love this script and use it.
Unfortunately I am not so smart to code scripts and probably I would be lost starting to code one, for a specific task like this one.

@Marco
Thanks for your support and sincerity. Yes, in fact, some additional seconds are involved. However, 7 seconds of delay, as it is demonstrated in your video, is enough to prove the tremendous amount of time, it is wasted. Again, thanks Marco.

Return to posts index

Marco Baer
on Jul 25, 2016 at 9:44:31 am

I'm now thinking about the most effectiv steps to take for a script.

Assumed you let timeline synch enabled, wouldn't it be:

- Open Pan/Crop window.
- Set cursor of Pan/Crop timeline back 1 second first.
- Create a keyframe.
- Go forth 1 second.

When you now do your cropping you're done because this will automatically add your second keyframe.
And you needn't copy keyframes or restoring a keyframe this way.

Return to posts index

Xavier Dolz
on Jul 25, 2016 at 10:24:49 am

My God Marco, I'm reading you and I suspect what you want to do... you want to create a script that even open the pan Window in VEGAS and work like in Camtasia !!!!!!!!!!!
My God !!!!!!!!! that would be wow amazing :D !!!!!!
Okay, okay.
Let's think about how to make it work fine.

This is normally how you would work... doing a videotutorial that need lots of zooms.

1. You are in VEGAS taking a look to your movie... you have the timeline in front of you.
2. Now you decide you want to create a zoom
3. We must have a button in the VEGAS toolbar that when we click on it, launch the pan / zoom window. Then, we can dock this windo in any area of the screen. This way, you could attach the window somewhere in the screen, it would be fantastic... in that case you would have always that window in front of you (again, you save seconds editing and mouse clicks)
So it could be a good idea a button, I can press in the toolbar.
When I press the button, I get this pan / zoom window opened. Now I can attach this window in any area of the screen or dock it...

Why having always the Window? because we don't have to launch it everytime we want to create a zoom. It is always there, waiting for us. Again, we are saving mouse clicks, seconds and editing time...

4. The pan / crop window is opened, we have docked it, and it is ready for us.
5. We have the cursor in the timeline, in the position we want to add the zoom.
6. In the pan / zoom window we take one of the box corners and drag or move it to reduce or increase the zoom...
7. Then, automatically, two keyframes are inserted.
First keyframe A is a copy of the previous keyframe inserted in the timeline. In that way we won't have any animation before keyframe A, because the first keyframe inserted, A, copy the information of the previous keyframe we could have in our timeline.
Second keyframe B have the zoom information.
In this way, the animation will take place from A to B in a specified period of time.
8. By the fault, the zoom animation time is 1 second.
9. In the pan / zoom window could be possible to have a box, in which we can add the animation time for zooms?
If so... in the pan / zoom window you should be able to configure how many seconds you want for the zoom. 1 sec, 2 sec. etc.

This script would be perfect. It would be the best invention ever made, the saving time would be incredible.
:D

Return to posts index

Marco Baer
on Jul 25, 2016 at 10:59:22 am

Just to avoid a misunderstanding: I'm not able to code such a script. I only drop some ideas about how the steps taken in such a script could be simplified without losing desired functionality.

Not sure about your steps 1. to 3. If you dock Pan/Crop window in Vegas Pro, it will stay there. All it needs is to refresh the docked window for the current event which needs to click onto the Pan/Crop button again.
Now if you either click onto the Pan/Crop button or click onto a script button for refreshing the window doesn't make a difference. Though having said this – if refreshing the window is combined with the steps following, it would save time again.

Your steps 6. to 8. should be fulfilled by the steps I described above.
If Pan/Crop timeline cursor is set back 1 second first to add a keyframe, this is just like having copied last keyframe. It requires there are not yet any further Pan/Crop keyframes used to the right of the timeline though.

Return to posts index

Marco Baer
on Jul 25, 2016 at 11:00:15 am

Why the heck is this forum software using italic typo suddenly???

Return to posts index

Marco Baer
on Jul 25, 2016 at 11:26:09 am

By the way – I just tested Camtasia 8.6. I could export the Camtasia timeline including its zoom effects using the TSC2 codec. Vegas Pro could also import and edit this AVI file without problem. Though I prefer using FlashBack Pro for screen recordings (and some kind of editing of screen recordings).

So in case nobody could code such a script, at least you should be able to do the zooming in Camtasia, export to one of the given codecs (just like TSC2) and do further editing in Vegas Pro.

Return to posts index

Marco Baer
on Jul 25, 2016 at 11:37:12 am

That said – you should be able to use Camtasia exported video encoded by TSC2 in any software which decodes AVI files. If it is a separate system you only need to install TSC2 separately. Vegas Pro and other softwares even can encode to TSC2.

Though Camtasia isn't the only software using this double-keyframe method for zooming. FlashBack also does same way.

Return to posts index

Xavier Dolz
on Jul 25, 2016 at 12:57:32 pm

Hi Marco, step by step okay?
I don't know why this forum is posting all in italics I have the same problem ! I hope the solve it soon.
The script, okay, I missunderstood you. I though you were able to program it ok.
I am not able to explain the necessary steps clearer than I said before, however I can do some remarks.
Then pan / zoom window must be present always in the screen. You cannot be launching the pan zoom screen everytime you create a zoom, that involve the movement of your hand and 1 mouse click, 2 seconds or 3 seconds, everytime, again we are losing time.
With that screen present always, now, you should be able to apply the zoom, and then, inserting the two keyframes, in the way I've explained before, steps 5 to 8.
Things you must know about Camtasia, TSC2 codec and export.
1. TSC2 codec is to be used only with Techsmith products, you cannot use it with VEGAS or Premiere (closed system).
2. Extracting the .TREC file fail a lot. Techsmith gave the possibility to extract the recording AVI file inside the TREC file, because many people complained along the years. However, it is unstable and crash constantly. Extract the TREC content is not an option.
3. Even if you are able to extract it... you wouldn't have the dual keyframe system, so you would have an AVI file that you can edit in VEGAS... but you won't have zooms, so again, we need the script to make the zooms in VEGAS.

I don't know what is Flashback? is it a video editor? it works in the same way?

Return to posts index

Xavier Dolz
on Jul 25, 2016 at 1:12:01 pm

I guess you mean to BB FlashBack Pro 5... it is a screen recorder utility, with an editor, in the Camtasia style, but again, a closed system. If you want to move the produced file to VEGAS, you have to render, and then, in VEGAS render again.
We can talk constantly about this, but it is doing circles about the same.
The only possible solution is a script in VEGAS that allow the pan zoom options you would find in Camtasia.

Return to posts index

Marco Baer
on Jul 25, 2016 at 1:28:33 pm

Camtasia's TSC2 encoded video definetely can be used in Vegas Pro and other kind of video editing software. I just does at the moment. But I was wrong about encoding to TSC2 from within Vegas Pro. The codec is listed and can be selected (which made me think you could use it) but encocding won't work then. Instead I could use TSC (the prior version) for encoding from within Vegas Pro. But TSC2 decoder works pretty well in any of my editing apps here.
So TSC2 codec can be used in Vegas Pro but other than TSC only the decoder part of TSCS2, not the encoder part.

If I apply zooming in Camtasia and export to TSC2, I will get a regular AVI video file including all effects done in Camtasia (of course I cannot re-edit the effects because it is a video file, not a project file) which can be used in Vegas Pro.

FlashBack is another screen recording software. I use it for about 10 years now because I prefere FlashBack's GUI and responsiveness.

Return to posts index

Marco Baer
on Jul 25, 2016 at 1:32:11 pm

Yes, of course them are closed systems in the way you could not share its projects files with Vegas Pro but its rendered video output only. Would you re-edit your zooms you already applied in Camtasia?

Return to posts index

Xavier Dolz
on Jul 25, 2016 at 2:33:53 pm

Hi Marco,
I think we have a missunderstood here about codecs, files, and so on.
.TREC file does not contian any information about zooms... what you have inside is an AVI, if I am not wrong...
okay... then we have a .CAMPROJ file... that yes, that have the zooms information, call outs, etc.
So basically, what you do is recording the screen.
Then you get a .TREC file.
Now you drag and drop that .TREC file in Camtasia.
You have the timeline, you edit the .TREC file (the video), you apply the zooms, etc. and now you can save your file.
The .CAMPROJ file have all the zooms information.
Opening a .TREC file in VEGAS won't provide VEGAS the zoom information from the timeline. It is just a video file that need to be edited, and again, we have the problem of the zoom and the dual keyframe system.
If I re-edit my zooms in VEGAS, I should need the script with the double keyframe system, if not, it would take long time.
Even if I am able to open the .TREC file in VEGAS, we continue having the problem of the zooms.
The problem is not moving the .TREC file to VEGAS. The problem is creating the zooms in VEGAS in the same way you can do it with Camtasia, dual keyframe, saving time. For that reason the script.

I've been watching BB FlashBack Pro 5 but again it's the same. It is like a Camtasia, but a closed system.
The problem is that, with systems like Camtasia or BB FlashBack Pro, you will never have the same power you have with VEGAS.

No NewBlue FX, no transitions packs, no professional titlers, etc.
For that reason is nice to have a the script for the zooms in VEGAS, because you can use it in this way, like a videolearning tool, to produce videos with a quality never seen before.

Return to posts index

Marco Baer
on Jul 25, 2016 at 2:59:40 pm

I didn't mean or talk about the TREC files but the TSC2 encoded Camtasia video export files only, which would contain zooms made in Camtasia.

If you would not re-edit your zooms made in the screen recording software (no matter if you use Camtasia or FlashBack Pro which both use double-keyframe zooming), I'd thought it might be an acceptable solution doing the zooms in the screen recording app and any further editing (except zooms) in Vegas Pro.

So now I assume you won't do that because even if you'd apply your zooms in Camtasia there would be a need to re-edit the zooms in Vegas Pro. I just wanted to be clear we didn't miss anything which could help you. You only took Camtasia as an example of how a zoom workflow could be optimized, right?

As I cannot code such a script, I also think about a more simple macro solution. At least main parts of desired workflow maybe could be done by a macro. But before dumping into a macro solution I now wait if not a script coder could use the inputs given in this thread.

Return to posts index

Xavier Dolz
on Jul 25, 2016 at 3:18:00 pm

Do you think this could be solved with a Macro? really?
I'm open to everything, so please, tell me.
I don't understand very well the TSC2 encoded Camtasia video export.
You mean, to edit the video in Camtasia Editor with the zoom, and now export it to mp4 or avi from the Camtasia Editor and then opening it in VEGAS?
That would be a painful job. Have in mind a video could take 3 hours rendering in Camtasia, and now you open it in VEGAS, it has the zooms, yes, now you apply titles, cool color efects, transitions, etc. and now re-render again in VEGAS, another 3 hours waiting... that's a lot.
I've used Camtasia as en example of how zooms can be made for videotutorials and if we could have the same zooms in VEGAS.
Rendering the videos 2 times, one in Camtasia Editor, and the second in VEGAS would be terrible.
So... I think we only have the script solution, if someone is willing to help the community or the macro solution you suggested.
Cheers

Return to posts index

Marco Baer
on Jul 25, 2016 at 3:25:30 pm

Yes, TSC2 encoding would mean rendering and waiting all the time until render process completed.

A macro at least should be able to emulate anything you elsewhere doing by mouse-clicks or key-presses. But a macro does not know which event you selected or where your timeline cursor stays, where your next keyframe is, etc.

If the steps we described are scriptable, a script solution would be much smarter than using a "dump" macro. But if there will be no script then a macro at least could help saving some time.

Return to posts index

Xavier Dolz
on Jul 25, 2016 at 3:33:09 pm

We need a script, it's clear... :(

Return to posts index

Steve King
on Jul 25, 2016 at 4:11:52 pm

And if somebody went to all the work to create such a script and if you are correct that there is a large demand for it they'd be foolish not to charge for it. Xavier, what would you pay for such a time-saving script?

Steve K
Full time writer/director
Pt. Time Video Editor

Return to posts index

Xavier Dolz
on Jul 25, 2016 at 9:58:00 pm

Again the money discussion. I would pay nothing, which is 329 million dollars. Yes, nothing = 329 million dollars. The same incomes from Mozilla. How much do you pay for Firefox? Nothing. Okay, nothing in the internet world, 329 million dollars.
Happy?
Or perhaps I would pay your price, if it is reasonable. Do it, and sell it. There is market for it.
This is only an opinion, but things are changing. Artist promote their own music, they share it for free, earn money with their merchandasing, their blogs, youtube, etc.
Selling a box with something inside, is cute, from the past.
A model to earn money would be offering this script for free, and creating a blog with publicity. Or asking for a donation, and removing publicity. Wikipedia works that way, you will earn less money, 77 million dollars.
But there is something even more important than money.
LOVE
And again, this is only an opinion.

Return to posts index

Carlos Silva
on Aug 7, 2016 at 12:03:25 am

Take a look in Vegasaur's "Pan/Crop Assistant": http://vegasaur.com/pan-crop-assistant
It sounds the tools Pan & Zoom, Keyframes and Custom Effects could emulate Camtasia zoom system, also providing additional functionality for screencast editing in Vegas.
Let us know if it works for you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]