FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas pro 13 and 14 sale (great price) - Does anyone know ANYTHING about Vegas pro 14?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Blake Gibson
Vegas pro 13 and 14 sale (great price) - Does anyone know ANYTHING about Vegas pro 14?
on Jul 21, 2016 at 6:39:39 am

Hi guys,

Just checking to see if anyone is aware of anything one should know before considering Vegas Pro 14? I know it's not released yet and there is no way of knowing but on the off chance that someone has heard something through the grapevine... Anything at all... Are Magix a dodgy company? Are they good? Anything

I emailed Magix directly but they couldn't say anything, even about the already confirmed details (native prores support), or even confirm/deny if the updates to 14 would be free or paid (build updates) I assume they would be free.

I apologize for the vagueness of the post but you never know.

I'm currently on Vegas Pro 12 and to be honest, I'll probably buy the special anyway as it includes Vegas pro 13 and 14, so worst case scenario if 14 dies in the arse I'll have a copy of 13 for $200 USD which is good.

Thanks guys

Return to posts index

Robert Adama
Re: Vegas pro 13 and 14 sale (great price) - Does anyone know ANYTHING about Vegas pro 14?
on Jul 21, 2016 at 7:28:08 am

Hi Blake
I am in the same position as you are, using SVP 12, and didn’t upgrade to 13, no real progress for me, because I am an amateur (but a serious one!!). I was waiting for SVP 14. (sic!)
To give a straight forward answer: Magix is a serious Software Company, located in Germany, with branches in other countries and well known in Europe.
I have two products, Audio Cleaning and Musicmaker, [one can create his own (film) music compositions], which I use over many years. Both deal with music. I am fully satisfied with those products.
Magix is getting strong in the video software branche with MAGIX Video Pro and on the same quality level as Vegas Pro 13. Price level is also similar.(around Euro 400). It competes also with Adobe Premiere and Grass Valley Edius (both high quality products) as well as Apples Final Cut Pro X
My first reaction learning about the transition Sony to Magix was and still is, positive! I do trust Magix 100%.
I did not receive an offer for Vegas Pro 13, and obtaining the Magix Vegas 14 (free).
And my strong wish is, COW will remain the peer-to peer link. Since, for me SVP got a “face”, due to the intense and high level support.
And, with all decisions in life: decide for the “right” one. ;-)
Rob

Robert Adama, Switserland
Windows7 Home, 64bit, Mainboard ASUS Maximus VIII , Intel Z170, ATX and Processor Intel i7 6700K (LGA 1151) 4.0 GHz, 64BB DDR4-1333
Watercooling
Graphic Sapphire HD 6870 128 bit
Vegas Pro 12.
Win 10 pro, installed and ready to install Vegas Pro 14!!

Return to posts index

Bruce Quayle
Re: Vegas pro 13 and 14 sale (great price) - Does anyone know ANYTHING about Vegas pro 14?
on Jul 26, 2016 at 12:02:49 pm

I apologise to all for an off-topic post direct to Robert Adama:

Robert...I wonder if you would contact me on email (sv.jabula@gmail.com)? I am building a new computer with very similar specs to the one you are using and I wanted to discuss it with you.

As an aside: I just bought the VP13/14 "special offer" for C$200 - the best deal out there so far given the exchange rate!

Cheers,
Bruce

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Jul 21, 2016 at 1:00:21 pm

No one knows nothing more through the grapevine Blake, you know the same info as everyone currently does.
No, Magix is not a dodgy company nor are they amateurs in the professional video and audio industry.
So nothing to worry about nor to be negative towards this new direction!

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Roger Bansemer
on Jul 21, 2016 at 2:12:29 pm

I'm in the same position. I've tried calling Magix but get nowhere except for no answer to a useless recording.
I'd purchase 13 with the promise of an upgrade but it's nowhere to be found on their website.
Is it not available on their website?

Roger Bansemer - PaintingAndTravel.com

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Jul 21, 2016 at 3:02:11 pm

Folks, the full transitioning process is not yet complete. So you will not see anything much of Vegas on Magix
site as yet. All is still on and being done over at Sony Creative Software at the moment!

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Jul 21, 2016 at 3:21:04 pm

For anyone with V12 and can't decide if they should take the offer of V13 + V14 or wait and see till V14 arrives, consider this. It is likely that the scripting function in V14 will be "broken" because of legal changes and consequently many of the most useful scripts such as the Debugmode Frameserver will not work. See this thread.

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/forums/showmessage.asp?messageid=947640

Since V13 is a lot more stable (at least for me) and has provided some very useful functions (e.g. built-in loudness logs) and fixed some real problems (e.g. use of native GoPro files), I would certainly recommend one give serious consideration to purchasing the package now.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Tenchi Muyo
on Jul 22, 2016 at 3:50:59 pm

Here you will find the link:

http://www.magix.com/de/

I got a email too...

Return to posts index

Tenchi Muyo
on Jul 22, 2016 at 5:39:26 pm

Here is the direct link:

http://www.magix.com/de/specials/vegas/exklusives-willkommensangebot/

Return to posts index

Tenchi Muyo
on Jul 22, 2016 at 5:40:40 pm

Here is the US Link:

http://www.magix.com/us/specials/vegas/exklusives-willkommensangebot/

Return to posts index

Blake Gibson
on Jul 25, 2016 at 12:48:01 am

Thanks for the replies guys!

Wayne Waag, thank you for bringing this up. Can I ask exactly what Debug Frameserver is and does?

Will all the scripts and plugins still work on version 13 as per normal? (Business as usual for version 13??) As in, will it still be Sony Vegas Pro 13 and not Vegas Pro 13? I do have a script I use sometimes that a guy on this forum shared with me to create markers on my timeline and another to batch export the clips as individual files (eg: importing 100's of prores files causes vegas to crash due to the 32bit 2gb limit of the filesurrogate.exe - I can safely edit up to around 50 files, so I import them into vegas, 50 clips at a time and use the scripts to batch export them as cineform so I can re-import the 100's of now cineform files and edit them properly)

I also use some plugns, mainly only use Magic Bullet Looks (for LUTS) and FilmConvert (for exposure and white balance), but there are potentially other OFX plugins that I might use.

I'm OK with using Vegas Pro 13 until the issues with 14 are ironed out, as I'm currently on version 12, 13 will be a welcome upgrade and step up anyway as long as everything works.

Thanks so much!!

Return to posts index

rosh kadri
on Jul 25, 2016 at 1:37:45 am

I read on the current sony creative software forums that scripts will need a minor change to be compatible with 14. No one is sure about the plugin compatibility yet, but OFX versions of plugins are not going away anytime soon so I'm guessing 14 should still support those. Prores is already mentioned as a supported codec in 14 but the general public isn't sure of the details. I'm guessing and hoping that a re-written code should handle all mentioned formats properly.

I took up the offer for 13 and 14 for $200, what? very nice deal from Magix.

I have high hopes in this new venture and Magix has high standards, can't wait to see what they do with vegas.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Jul 25, 2016 at 5:23:33 am

Can I ask exactly what Debug Frameserver is and does?

Sure. A frameserver can be a very useful tool if you want to export from the Vegas timeline for use in another application, e.g. an encoder other than those built into Vegas. Two very good encoders are Handbrake and TMPGEnc's Mastering Works which are considered by many, including me, to be a lot better than MainConcept. T o use such encoders usually require that one renders first from Vegas into a digital intermediate and then render that intermediate using the external encoder--in other words, two renders. A frameserver creates a "dummy" intermediate that can be directly opened by the encoder. The encoder sees it as a file, but it is really a directly render from Vegas. The bottom line--just one render. No need for a digital intermediate which can often be very large in size and only one render rather than two. A frameserver can also be used if one wants to use external filters using Avisynth and Virtualdub (which I often do). Hope this helps.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Blake Gibson
on Jul 26, 2016 at 2:04:06 am

Thanks Wayne, That sounds handy I didn't even know that was an option. I always go from Vegas to DNXHD then to Handbrake for web upload. Going straight from Vegas to Handbrake would be great.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Jul 26, 2016 at 2:40:09 am

Even better, here is a script that enables you to go from Vegas to Handbrake with 1-click. It's a bit tedious to set up but well worth it. I use it all the time.

http://www.vegasvideo.de/vegas-2-handbrake-en

wwaag

Return to posts index

Blake Gibson
on Jul 26, 2016 at 3:14:35 am

Awesome! Thank you Wayne. I'll definitely use that.

What are you thoughts on vegas pro 13 that I was asking before? Do you know if everything will still work (getting it through Magix)

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Jul 26, 2016 at 4:43:09 am

Everything works well on V13. I found V13 to be a lot more stable than V12 and some of its features and fixes are very useful to me. E.g. the built-in loudness logs and the fix for GoPro footage in the latest release. If you're on V12, I'd recommend going for the offer. Like others have commented, the use of scripting in V14 will definitely be broken. We won't know the real extent until the actual release. And for sure, it seems like the Frameserver will be lost since the developer has abandoned the project. But, V13 works well and the projects created are also backward compatible with V12. Who knows the compatibility issues with the new release. In any case, for the price, it seems a real bargain. Hope this helps.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Tenchi Muyo
on Jul 27, 2016 at 4:57:51 pm

I choose the canadian link too:

http://www.magix.com/ca/specials/vegas/exklusives-willkommensangebot/

fully legit for downloads (I'am from EU).

CA $199 = €140,-

Return to posts index

Tenchi Muyo
on Jul 27, 2016 at 4:58:33 pm

Canada
Please note: Except for downloads (like download versions or encoders), we currently accept orders only from the United States and Canada!

Return to posts index

Blake Gibson
on Jul 27, 2016 at 11:40:08 pm

Thanks Wayne! Sorry I wasn't being very clear, what I meant was:

Do you know if the the Vegas Pro 13 that comes in that deal is still Sony Vegas Pro or is it now Magix Vegas Pro? I ask because Vegas pro 14 will have some changes to the scripting etc due to the name changing and Magix releasing it.... wouldnt the same happen with Version 13? Unless it remains as Sony Vegas Pro and not Magix Vegas Pro.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Jul 28, 2016 at 12:01:44 am

I would presume it's Sony Vegas Pro 13, but I don't know for sure. Perhaps someone who has purchased the deal could comment.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Blake Gibson
on Jul 28, 2016 at 12:07:42 am

OK. I emailed Magix and asked so hopefully they get back to me. Thanks!!

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Jul 28, 2016 at 12:27:55 am

Blake, it still says Sony.
Here's the About screen from the version I just purchased from Magix as part of the upgrade offer.

Return to posts index

Blake Gibson
on Jul 28, 2016 at 2:50:09 am

Thanks Mike! That's good news. I'm going to buy the deal today. At least I'll a full version of 13 until 14 is ironed out.

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Jul 28, 2016 at 10:39:29 am

You're very welcome Blake. Happy editing :)

Return to posts index

Blake Gibson
on Jul 28, 2016 at 7:04:49 am

Also, Magix just got back to me saying that version 13 is still Sony.

Return to posts index

Bruce Brent
on Jul 28, 2016 at 3:05:26 pm

For those who have been left out of the loop in terms of not being included in e-mails from Magix (registered Sony Vegas Pro users), let Magix know you're not included as a Vegas Pro user and have not received promotions. I've contacted Magix about this issue because those who have not received the promotion for version 14 might not get the word and miss out on the promotion, as it ends July 31st. I hope Magix will extend this promotion for those who've missed this opportunity.

Even though I've added my e-mail address to Magix's e-mail notification weeks ago, I have yet to receive any notice about the version 14 promotion. I'm sure there are many others who have been left out.

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
on Jul 30, 2016 at 8:43:05 pm

Does anyone know if there's going to be an upgrade path for those of us who already have 13? I'd hate to find out we have to pay full price or more than $199 when 14 launches in September.

Return to posts index

David Galindo
on Jul 29, 2016 at 2:05:01 pm

This Frameserver works in Widows 10? Have a guide for setting up frame server to TMPGEnc's?

Thx

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Jul 29, 2016 at 4:06:49 pm

Debugmode Frameserver works fine in V13 on Windows 10. No guide needed. Just select the default template and render to the location of your choice with the file name of your choice. You should then be able to directly open that file in TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works., I've done this in Win 7, but have not tried it in Win 10, although I see no reason it shouldn't work.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Blake Gibson
on Aug 2, 2016 at 11:05:02 am

Thanks for all the help to everyone. I bought it and installed v13 tonight. Indeed still Sony!

Return to posts index

Dave Limbaugh
on Aug 4, 2016 at 10:45:03 pm

Has anybody heard what the upgrade price of Vegas 14 will likely be for those of us who already own Vegas 13? If it's going to be anything more than $199 then I guess I should buy 13 again! :)

Return to posts index

Blake Gibson
on Aug 5, 2016 at 1:16:10 am

No idea Dave. You could try emailing them sales@magix.net

They're pretty good with responding and have gotten back to me within a few days

Return to posts index

Dave Limbaugh
on Aug 5, 2016 at 11:31:43 am

Thanks, Blake. I've emailed them asking for the full and upgrade price for Vegas 14. I'll share any response I get on this forum.

Return to posts index

Blake Gibson
on Aug 8, 2016 at 4:08:00 am

Thanks Dave, I'd be interested to know.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]