FORUMS: list search recent posts

What is the least buggy file format for Sony Vegas Pro 13

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Davis
What is the least buggy file format for Sony Vegas Pro 13
on Jul 19, 2016 at 6:32:02 pm

Hello,
I'm about to embark on a new project. I bought a new PC that came with a fresh version of Windows 10. I installed Sony Vegas Pro 13, loaded a .mov file into the timeline and Vegas hung. I tried the same thing with another .mov file and it hung again. I had the same problem with Sony 11 and what I did to solve the problem was convert everything to .mp4. This enabled me to load files into the timeline but the experience was very buggy. However, when I tried loading the same .mp4 files into Vegas 13, I get the message "Warning: an error occurred while opening one or more files." Googling on the problem indicates that Vegas is not able to read the mp4 file. Based on stuff I've read it seems like there are ways to get Vegas to work with mp4 files, e.g., loading an older version of Quicktime. Based on my experience in Vegas 11 however, I'm thinking that I might be better off just converting the files to a format that Vegas works well with. What file format would you recommend?
Thanks,
Scott

Return to posts index

Nigel O'Neill
Re: What is the least buggy file format for Sony Vegas Pro 13
on Jul 20, 2016 at 11:28:47 am

If you have a choice of export formats, I would use .MXF

My system specs: Intel i7 970, GTX570, 12GB RAM, ASUS P6T, Vegas Pro 12 (x64), Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, Vegas Production Assistant 1.0, VASST Ultimate S Pro 4.1, Neat Video Pro 2.6

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: What is the least buggy file format for Sony Vegas Pro 13
on Jul 21, 2016 at 1:44:34 am

[Nigel O'Neill] "If you have a choice of export formats, I would use .MXF"
+1

Sony MXF works great with Vegas Pro.

If you need to edit QuickTime MOV files, your other option is to buy a Mac. I'm dead serious. It's a matter of using the right tool for the job and if you have a camera that produces QuickTime files, you should be editing with a Mac and Final Cut Pro X. Otherwise buy a Sony camera that shoots MXF files. Like I said, it's a matter of matching up the right tools to work together.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]