FORUMS: list search recent posts

Will Vegas or Caption Assistant ever burn captions in?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amanda Duffield
Will Vegas or Caption Assistant ever burn captions in?
on Jul 19, 2016 at 4:53:03 pm

This is the only option I'm missing and I don't want to start with another program. I've been trialling other programs for my captioning however I really like lining up the audio 'spikes' with the speech when making captions (rather than listening and pressing the mouse) and I can't find any dedicated captioning software that does this. However the captioning software allows me to burn - in. So basically VEgas and/or Caption Assistant have what I want except for the burning in bit.
Do you think this is in the future at all?
Does caption assistant do the auto time-stamping
thanks,

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: Will Vegas or Caption Assistant ever burn captions in?
on Jul 21, 2016 at 1:47:10 am

[Amanda Duffield] "So basically VEgas and/or Caption Assistant have what I want except for the burning in bit. "
Caption Assistant is an aid for creating Closed Caption Markers in Vegas Pro. It currently relies on Vegas Pro to do all of the rendering. We could add the ability to burn in captions in the future but it currently doesn't do that today.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

Larry Brewer
on Aug 2, 2016 at 8:03:48 pm

I have used Real Player to render Open Captions. Seems I captioned my video with Caption Assistant, then opened the video in Realplayer Studio. The option was there to display the captions in the render. It's been a couple years. If you are still in need of this service I can go back over the exact workflow and get you some details.

Larry Brewer

Return to posts index

Amanda Duffield
on Aug 3, 2016 at 11:51:33 am

That would be great, thanks.
The only other issue I had with this was that captions weren't refreshing in the preview panel (I was using caption assistant. ) I'm told the fix is to download the latest fixes for Vegas 13. I did that but had trouble uninstalling it. Anyway, I stopped because caption assistant trial ran out and I couldn't justify the cost if it didn't do what I wanted. If you could show me the workflow I might revisit the idea. Thanks very much :)

Return to posts index

Larry Brewer
on Aug 4, 2016 at 1:35:28 am

The software I used was NOT related to RealPlayer. I used Camtasia Studio to render the "burned-in captions. Or "open captions". .

There is a free evaluation period.

You can import the caption file you created in Caption Assistant.

I'll need to dig up an old caption project of mine to re-create the workflow. It's been a while.

Larry Brewer

Return to posts index

Larry Brewer
on Aug 4, 2016 at 3:45:12 am

After you have downloaded and installed Techsmith Camtasia, import you video to the timeline.
There will be a water on the trial version.
Then follow these instructs from the help manual:

To Produce a Video With Open Captions

In Editor, after all editing is complete,click the Captions tab. If it is not in view, click the More tab. From the list, select Captions. The Captions task page appears.
Add captions to the timeline.
When done, click the Produce and Share button. The Production Wizard appears.

Select the Custom production settings option from the dropdown menu. Click Next.

Select the MP4 Flash / HTML5 Player option. Click Next.
On the Flash / HTML5 Player Option screen, click the Options tab.
Make sure the Captions and Burned into video options are selected.

To make your video searchable, enable the Searchable option.

If you do not want to allow viewers to search the video, leave this option unchecked.

Click Next. Step through the remainder of the Production Wizard.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
The results are very nice. You can customize fonts, transparent background, and even make your video searchable.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]