FORUMS: list search recent posts

Which Camera would be more compatible with Vegas Pro 13?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Bello
Which Camera would be more compatible with Vegas Pro 13?
on Jul 19, 2016 at 2:06:33 am

I want to buy a camera (around $2000 or less) that I can shoot and then easily drop the footage into Vegas Pro 13 without any troubles or converting files, etc. The 2 cameras I was considering: the Canon XA30 and the Sony HXR-NX100.
I've read that the XA30 produces files in MTS format which is not simple to use with Vegas Pro. Is that true?
Which of these cameras would be more compatible with Vegas Pro?

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: Which Camera would be more compatible with Vegas Pro 13?
on Jul 19, 2016 at 6:30:55 pm

If you are just looking for an HD camera, I would seriously look into ebaying a PMW_200. This is a pro level camera that records in XDCAM422, which is a 50Mbs Constant bit rate codec, which will drop onto the timeline and be fully GPU accelerated. This is the codec that Vegas Pro was pretty much designed to operate, and is the choice of a lot of News stations.

Encoding from XDCAM to H.264 will be quick, and if you have the upstream bandwidth you can upload the resulting xdcam file directly to Youtube.

XDCAM is also smart render capable, which makes it a good choice if you are not making a lot of changes with effects. Timeline renders will be slow only through rendering graphics and whatnot. The rest of the timeline will be a direct copy at disk speeds.

The PMW_200 will not do 1080-60p, but will do 720-60p

Something to think about.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]